Thread: Newbie / beginners spin

Default Newbie / beginners spin

We are running beginner spins this Thursday the 20th of August .

Meeting at 6.30 at the biking.ie hut
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Bik...4!4d-6.2492888
    Taking in the red marked official trails .
    I will be running the same spin for 3 weeks , focusing on skills and abilities.

Riders under age 16 require a parent or guardian. We have to restrict numbers to maximum 8 .

Please mail us at info@epicmtb.com for a place includ name and contact number

Riders required to have a good ability on their bike which has to be in working order.

Helmet is a must / gloves / knee pads are a good idea for ones safety.
    Rain coat, It is Ireland !
    Riders must have a drink , snack , minimum of one tube and puncture kit . Small Tool kit.

You will be riding for approximately 90 minutes up hills with rocks and features. At the end of week 3 if you turn up for the 3 spins and improve we will chat to spin leaders about suitable spin for your level . We warmly welcome people to the club and membership would be valued to our club as our members value their spins greatly.

Social distancing is a must .
    No sharing food or drink.
    Bring your own hand sanitiser .
    Be smart about yours and others well-being.

Regards Roo
    Last edited by Roo; 17-08-20 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    We are running beginner spins this Thursday the 20th of August .

Meeting at 6.30 at the biking.ie hut
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Bik...4!4d-6.2492888
    Taking in the red marked official trails .
    I will be running the same spin for 3 weeks , focusing on skills and abilities.

Riders under age 16 require a parent or guardian. We have to restrict numbers to maximum 8 .

Please mail us at info@epicmtb.com for a place includ name and contact number

Riders required to have a good ability on their bike which has to be in working order.

Helmet is a must / gloves / knee pads are a good idea for ones safety.
    Rain coat, It is Ireland !
    Riders must have a drink , snack , minimum of one tube and puncture kit . Small Tool kit.

You will be riding for approximately 90 minutes up hills with rocks and features. At the end of week 3 if you turn up for the 3 spins and improve we will chat to spin leaders about suitable spin for your level . We warmly welcome people to the club and membership would be valued to our club as our members value their spins greatly.

Social distancing is a must .
    No sharing food or drink.
    Bring your own hand sanitiser .
    Be smart about yours and others well-being.

Regards Roo
    Hi Roo,

I might join for the spin if thatís allowed?

Cheers
    Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to Sarah, last year's top beginner and Bon for helping me out tonight with a great group of folk Anthony, Shane ,Kevin ,Dave and Rytis . Tough weather conditions for anyone to go out in makes me feel we got keepers here ! We did the red trails at a steady pace . No problems or mechanicals . Good spirits and folk who were totally up for it . Thanks a million. Looking forward to next week.

Great to hear Roo. Well done folks braving the conditions tonight. Iím told itíll be tropical then time next week .. just in time for back to school.

Fair play to Roo for getting this rolling, especially on probably one of the worst weather nights of the year but we had a nice spin through the rain and hopefully they will all be back next week! Cheers Roo and Bon

Roo, well done and thanks for the wave on the way up the hill, way behind schedule to meet up due to the downpours.
    Hope the Stance is working out?
    We did a quick loop and headed to the Blue for a few, Baltic descent....

Cheers and well done

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Roo, well done and thanks for the wave on the way up the hill, way behind schedule to meet up due to the downpours.
    Hope the Stance is working out?
    We did a quick loop and headed to the Blue for a few, Baltic descent....

Cheers and well done
    Ah all good Brian ya gent . We had a good run . Fair play to anyone out last night .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    I'm so hot right now !!!!

Beginner spin on again this evening 6.30 from the biking.ie hut. Hope to get a the crew back from last week .

Second beginners spin done. Really appreciate everyone coming back in rough enough conditions. This week the crew climbed better and worked hard on their bikes to the point where I took them a little off the red runs to more natural trails to see shlomp. Pin ball and the bomb holes. We also sessioned the new burms and moguls at 3 rock. Great fun. One of the lads rented a bike which help greatly. Full commitment from Anthony managing to buy the last nukeproof in large on the planet. We have good riders here that will fit in to Thursday to Sunday spins with continued guidance from spin leaders . We had one crash from Shane on the bomb hole and a puncture. Fair play to him, he bounced right back. Kevins commitment shows after only getting into the sport, leaving behind track day in Mondello on his fireblade , now is practising everyday on his Kona.
    Rytis has improved his climbing greatly and has no bother with style on the way down . Dave came out with his son and kept with him as he was only getting back to mtb. Fairplay to him.
    Looking forward to next week . Hope the weather is better . I'll be telling them about CI and membership next week.

Sounds like a great bunch, hope to see them soon on the Saturday spins, thanks again Roo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro