Thread: Leinster Champs

Default Leinster Champs

Short race report: that was tough

Long report: that was really tough.

Thanks for all the support from the pits and around the course. The wind going down the start straight effectively neutralised the start sprint and it wasn’t till half way up the first climb that the fast lads pulled away.

I had a good day on the bike and enjoyed a few battles. One mechanical on the last lap cost me a few seconds but that was the way it was. Well done to everyone who raced, particularly John Dorris who continued his clean sweep of the M50 races this year to add a Leinster champs medal to his haul.

Jaysus that was cold, really thought of giving it a miss when about to hand over my €25 but glad I didn't. Well done john, flying again having a great season. And to Emmet battling to 3rd in the support race when the winner was some banger from up north ( or so I'm told ). Paul had a super elite crew of no less than 5 top pit men who then remained unused !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That was a deceptively difficult course, it looked alot easier from the pits! Delighted to get 3rd considering I was so well off in 4th positoin for a few laps and had my usual mid race meltdown. Those couple of long climbs really did make or break you! Big thanks to Mick and Terry fot the encouragement from the sidelines and well done to everyone who raced.

Hard going yesterday had walk around when ladies race on to loosen the body and a half lap while underage on then retreat to the car when the weather went down hill then straight to the start line to freeze and shiver waiting for the off. Happy enough with result passed a few of the young lads ahead of me just could not get up to Doris "Master of the Universe" great win John

Emmet was a delight to watch last lap going by the pits tagging the guy in third next u turn corner slides up the inside around first puts on the afterburners kept going up the hill no response from behind podium position secured great to watch

Paul only went for one bike change as he had no time to pull in great battle with Gav before he eventually pulled ahead and came in for a chat with his pit crew

Should also say thanks to Luke and his crew in Orwell for running the champs in challenging conditions hard work keeping all that tape in place all day

Roll on next sunday for more action and back to the A,B race format

T
    Last edited by TerenceO; 09-12-19 at 04:36 PM.

Tough course, hill was a slow slog for me. Had a few battles down the back of support race, kept things interesting which was great as with such small numbers for once you could easily come adrift and not see anyone for the race. Almost everything was rideable, they kept the bends wide at the top of the course making the two switchbacks, one climbing the other descending easier than a WORC course. Thankfully. The pump track stuff was hard and getting harder. I saw some elite racers make a pigs ear of it every time, which was satisfying as I had issues with some parts of it. Good day out. Weather was fine for CX also.