Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EPICmtb Beginner spin Sat 8th May 10am Djouce woods

gazpw Guest

Default EPICmtb Beginner spin Sat 8th May 10am Djouce woods

Ok people, very impressed with the turn out of the last spin and with the standard of riding, i would like to see this again and keep these spins going forward.
    These spins are aimed to showing you just the kind of fun and the amount of fun you can have with general mtbing, the best sport in the world.
    Everyone's welcome.
    Also if i could get my usual couple of helpers that would be brilliant (Karl, Sham, Silvia, Colm etc)
    Now
    You will need a Helmet (not a full face )
    2 Tubes
    a minipump
    1 Multitool
    power links
    gels, bananas, multigrain bars, power bars or whatever you are happy with fuelling up for the trails.
    Water or go juice..
    you can wear body armour if you want (but not needed, it's too heavey and hot)
    Full finger MX style gloves ( not ski gloves)
    Bring a rain Jacket if you have one to be safe
    Thats it..
    Oh yeah and a bike thats in good working order (most important that one, don't want to spend most of the morning repairing peoples bikes).
    If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, either on here or you can PM me.
    Hope to see you there.

The spin will be leaving at 10am

Thanks

Gary

rich o'neill Guest

How long does spin usually last.

karlos Guest

Good man Gaz il be there to help you

Sorry Gary, I cant make this one, am heading over to Ae for the weekend. Hope the leg is getting better!

gazpw Guest

Richi the spin normaly lasts for about 2 1/2hrs, it will be great fun.
    Thanks Karl, always great to have you along, no problem at all Silvia, hope you have fun. The legs is fairly sore at the mo and turning black, went for a check up this morning and it's just baldy bruised, the Doc said no biking for atleast 2 weeks, when i stopped laughing i said i'd think about it ha ha.

FionaN Guest

Woohoo I'm gona be around that weekend so I'm in. Hopefully get some good practise in on the ladies spins before then!

Cheers Gary

Fiona

vinnie122 Guest

Count two more in for this one. . I want to join a club to get fitter. how tough will the spin be? im racing sports in the nps? well down the bottom of sports lol. will i be alright?

andykc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie122 View Post
    Count two more in for this one. . I want to join a club to get fitter. how tough will the spin be? im racing sports in the nps? well down the bottom of sports lol. will i be alright?
    The spin is for pretty much complete beginners on up, you'll have no problem.

The real jeff scully Guest

You can count me in too gar.. cheers

gazpw Guest

Good stuff guys, see you there.