• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navan CX, 7th Nov 2021

Day after the AGM. Ooof

Entries open

https://eventmaster.ie/event/46pRi4r..._tGGSMNFI_USDs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well folks, yet another CX race in the blazing sunshine today. Bike barely needing a wash again. Short sleeves and bib shorts. The bike components not getting thrashed at all this year. Running the tyres a wee bit soft today and the forest section dinging the rims. Got away with that in the end. Good old tubeless, what an invention it is. Started off today with a ready made list of excuses for not firing on all cyclinders. Made the unforgiveable mistake of turning up late to the start line. Shuffled in right at the back. There I was thinking, so what, I'll enjoy overtaking the whole field. Well that didn't happen. Mad traffic, in 21st by the end of lap 1. Picked up 4 more spots to finish the race in 17th. So important to be up the front at the start. Had my family along as a cheering entourage, that was nice, I'm sure they loved seeing my gurning face every lap. Super course and event laid on by Navan club. Wish I could've given it a better lash. Happy to have had the day out and another cx race to add to the memory banks

The winner of the B race was a clear few minutes ahead of 2nd place. Some banger, his lead was that big, he took a break mid race to chat to his family on the sidelines. The MC giving him some stick deservedly.

I saw Emmet and NiallQ warming up for the A race, wasn't able to hang about to watch

Comment

Well done Ronan, loving the video with the moving dot on the lap map, nice one!
      Navan put on a great race, course was super with a few sharp run ups, cracking sunny day only downside was the hard ground and I managed to puncture on one of the descents on the 3rd or 4th lap, heart rate was too high to remember which!! had to run most of the lap to get back to the pits for the 2nd bike, oh the joys of Cx!! Still enjoyed the race, well done to Emmett, Niall Q and to John D who made the podium (as always!!) Onwards and upwards to Oldcastle next weekend, hopefully see a few more Epic jerseys there.

Comment

Super race with ex epic rider Paul involved with running the race. Like you Ronan, shite gridding...at the back, something we must look out for! Took about 20 mins to wake up and get going due to night shifts, but did'nt want to miss this race.
        Pity about the puncture Colm, you were flying...little bit more psi for next week.

Comment

Excellent course and conditions for racing in Navan. I heard riders being called to the start line while half way round a practice lap so started dead last. Definitely my best effort this season, consistant lap times and some duals won so happy out. I did seem to benefit from plenty of falls and mechanicals to lads around me in fairness! Looking forward to the mud on Sunday!

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X