Orwell Cyclcross Race Nov 11th at the GAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orwell Cyclcross Race Nov 11th at the GAP

Orwell Wheelers will be running a race on November 11th, in the GAP. This is one of the best courses out there and promises to be slightly drier than last years Nationals!

Please spread the word!

Entry here:

Facebook

Just registered.

Still spaces in all categories. Online registration only for all races (including kids). No sign up on the day.
    Last edited by DaveMeredi; 05-11-18, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Me too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Ooh ya, more pain please!
        The rider previously known as Stevo

Comment

Not around this weekend folks. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've signed up - this is a great course - it will suit the MTB'ers that we are!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Cyclocross View Post
              Ooh ya, more pain please!
              Can I change your name to Mr. Cyclocross??

Comment

Signed up and preparing 2nd bike. Looks like muddy conditions.

Comment

Didn't make this, busted wrist, how was it, was the coffee good, who won what!?
                  The rider previously known as Stevo

Comment

Hope wrist isn't too bad Steve. Myself , Oz, Donough and Terry took on the B race whilst Tara took on the ladies. No booty for any of us unfortunately. John D, Alfie and Niall Q were in the A's with the legend JD bagging the 50s prize. Short course today (Davy C was lapping in about 4 1/2 mins) with a couple of tough climbs. Great organisation by Orwell. And yes, good coffee by the GAP crew. Roll on Russborough next week.

Comment

Tough race with 10 laps and Mick Jordan putting me under pressure. Thanks Orwell for a well organised race and the encouragement by fellow Epicturians. Fairly dry too.

Comment

Well done folks. Definitely more of a climber's course. Mick was motoring on his new whip. Never seen beardy Terry after the start.
                        Less Traction = More Action

Comment

Well run race with savage course shorts laps made for a lot of trips back up the hill to punish the body, had great battle with Lloyd Moore from Orwell in the M60s had advantage of 15 seconds at end of first lap which Lloyd whittled away at till he passed me at the boards on the last lap to stay ahead by 2 seconds to the line roll on next sunday for a rematch
                          T

Full results
                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=920275801

https://www.orwellwheelers.org/event...eEQK4oZfwbrpZE

Comment

Well done everyone. That was a tough race alright - I nearly cried when they said 7 laps. Thanks for the support - Mick especially who cycled alongside me up the grassy slope of horror and Terry hollering at the boards. As Oz said - definitely a climbers course.

having said that - that's 2 cx in a row that I've managed to get a decent start - so happy with that part - just have to try to maintain that beyond 1 lap!!!

Cycle home was soooo good - tootled all the way.

Russborough next - and then I'm done.....

Comment

Great day for it. Great to see everyone there, and most of all everyone enjoying themselves. There was a smattering of Epic kids racing too, the Harrington and Meredith youth at least, maybe more. Smiles all round. My lad Darragh was stoked, though he wanted that U10 third place medal, just missed out with 4th, but I’m delighted to say it didn’t upset him too much. He’s loving it and can’t wait for Russborough. Despite giving my best I was lapped in B race. That hill while short was tough and for me real slow, with 42x32 it was a slog, but even on a good day and ‘fit’ dragging my ass up it would have been a real chore. But a great venue and a good course, maybe some more twisty turny sections and it would be better still! After the big climb up making the descent a little more technical and adding another he 90 seconds to the lap would have been great. That said huge thanks to all involved, it was very well run and very good.

Comment

Working...
                              X