Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloon Saturday and Sunday Race day

marko76 Guest

Default 1st race

Turned up today to register and get a day licence as its my first DH race,well impressed with set up and all the people were really helpful!!looking forward to tomorrow and hopefuly it becomes a permanent thing for me..nice one!!!

Daire Guest

i was planning on going but my fork still hasnt arrived. Track sounds deadly lads.

that was me Damo said that to - and he was right - push hard into them and you come out of them faster, I was also in the wrong gears coming down the hill, pedalling alright but not really getting the benefit, it's great to have people point this stuff out to you - I'd never realise it otherwise - there's more to concentrate on than staying upright!

I'm hoping that i get the same kind of tips at the CX nationals next week..i'd hate to struggle in those tight open corners, cautiously flat out!

fat chance...

but what if i dismount early? after all its way better than any other type of racing..wheel to wheel , racing in bunches..tight corners, team tactics..nothing else like it..
    except Road racing !!!! oh my god..i can't believe I never saw that before!!

adamt Guest

Well lads a good turn out today a bit icy to start but track looks to be riding well. The track has been pre salted for tomorrow so come on out and have a go. Now I'm off to bed.

Fair play Adam..you're a legend!!

gazpw Guest

Tomorrow's gonna be brilliant, the set up is fantastic, the track is just mayhem but such fun to ride, had a good off at the finish line and twisted my back a bit so went home a bit early today but can't wait to get back at it tomorrow.

best of luck GAZ see you there I'll be shouting for you ! bringing the bike too, in case! waaaa-hooooooooooooo

brilliant!