See info below, if anyone is interested let me know

Cycling Ireland launched our new ‘Bike Like Me’ campaign on International Women’s Day on 8th March. The aim of this campaign is to increase the number of women and girls cycling. Bike Like Me links with Sport Ireland Policy on Women in Sport that intends to directly address each of the four target areas - Active Participation, Coaching and Officiating, Visibility and Leadership and Governance.

‘Bike Like Me’ will kickstart, drive and enable a transformational period of change for Cycling Ireland, that will radicalise our approach to cycling for women and girls across the island of Ireland. As part of the Bike Like Me campaign we are encouraging all supporters to please use the hashtag #ibike for all women and girls cycling related content.

Through this campaign we are now looking for Expression of Interests from local cycling clubs for the ‘Women on Wheels’ programme. This programme will support some clubs to increase the number of women joining their local club by training Ride Leaders to deliver an 8-12 week Bike for Life programme working towards key milestones to maintain motivation. Clubs will also receive a committee training workshop and educational resources through Cycling Ireland to support retention of women in clubs.

If your club is interested please complete and return the attached expression of interest form to myself by 12pm on 17th March. I will then forward you an application form. Please note that due to limited funding not all clubs will be able to avail of this programme. We will however try to support as many clubs where possible and hopefully some clubs may be involved next year if we are successful with continued funding. In the meantime please start to use the hashtag #ibike for promotion of any of your female activities.

If you would like more information about the Bike Like Me campaign please check out the Cycling Ireland website www.cyclingireland.ie,

I look forward to hearing from you,

Many thanks

Victoria

Victoria Kennedy

Women in Sport Development Officer

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk