Thread: Bray CX

Default Bray CX

Not sure if yesterday is a day to remember or forget would depend if you like dry dusty conditions or soft mucky squelchy water logged ground.

First epic rider out to test the going was Brendan finishing second in the under 16 race, how he manges to jump the boards is amazing in such soft conditions.
    Followed by
    Our A (adult) riders with John giving it all to finish 6th ,1st M50, 6th followed home by Dave 18th, 6th M40.
    Followed by
    Our B(boy) riders to check if any blade of grass had being left or ground not turned and churned over big shout out to Emmet coming in 3th only losing his hold on second place on the last lap by 3 seconds, Michael 8th ,1st M50, also out for some fun mucking about and running/trotting Donough, Ronan, Keith, myself.

How was my race? entertaining always trying to learn something new think myself and Fergus McCann gave the fast lads a lesson in how to get the jump off the start line the two of us ran from the start around the first corner and kept going leaving all behind scrambling for places sure all you could do was laugh, came around first lap in about 20th stopped laughing when got marker tape entangled in rear cassete and mech and lost time and places.

Looking forward to a rest from CX next weekend then roll on Leinster champs and Belmont
    T
    https://onedrive.live.com/edit.aspx?...tvFQ&app=Excel
    Last edited by TerenceO; 25-11-19 at 06:42 PM.

well In an effort to learn something from yesterday I learnt that the mud in Kilruddery is of a different sort to the mud in Oldcastle. Whilst the former was sticky and claggy Kilruddery mud is soft, slick and devastating to drive trains. There were only a few people who did not drop a chain yesterday and Iím pretty sure thatís because they did not dare change gear.

My own race was a real mixed bag, good start followed by a child stepping onto the course in front of me. Felt really good going into the second lap and was picking off a few riders when the start of my chain issues kicked off. The third lap was a horror (like It was for so many others). After that, it was a case of swapping bikes every other lap (thanks to the crack pit crew of Richard, Terry and Mick) and trying to push all the while listening to the drivetrain and trying the gauge when too much was too much.

When people ask me what CX is I tell them "racing around a mucky field" to keep it simple and short. This is usually an overly simplified and unflattering description of cx but for sundays race its pretty accurate. Fair play to all who braved that and to those who podiumed and a big thanks to the lads in the pits, especially Richard Conroy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by baldy old git View Post
    "racing around a mucky field"
    https://www.davidryanphotography.ie/...Um3TNehcqUNf9E