Thread: Supercross Kilternan

Default Supercross Kilternan

Another great day for racing cx. Perfect conditions, cold, clear and just a little muddy. Kilternan is a power course and it did not disappoint. Fast flat front field combined with a mix of technical parts and just a little rest in the back field. Soft conditions in the back field sapped the legs while the front field forced you to dig deep.

Loads from the club out racing. I got there late so missed the early action. The A race was the usual savagery; nice fast start, into the jumps where it backed up, and then it began to string out. After that it was a case of trying to catch the guys ahead. This was not helped on one lap by not being able to unclip, slamming into the boards and the boa,s popping on my shoe. It took me two laps to catch the group I was racing and another to get in front. After that it was a case of trying to keep it clean.

Looking forward to one more race and then a bit of a breather.

2. Default

Good man Dave. Surprised by the good conditions and happy with result. Brendan Doherty put the pressure on for the 2nd half of the race, so dug deep to keep away. Thanks for the encouragement everyone, it does help. Well done to all the Epic riders.

Another great day racing great to see so many epic heads out racing

Some going from John holding his own against some of the best cx riders around and leaving a few national champs jerseys in his wake

My race was like a replay of last weeks race spent lap after lap chasing down Fergus McCann Cuchulainn got up to his back wheel just before the last lap unfortuanley rubbed front wheel off his back and bike went down will have to wait till next Sunday for another game of chasing
    T