Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: K Cap Cup 2.0 Round 1 Kilruddery 3th March now open

21 Main Street, Rathfarnham Village, D.14

Great day out super course made better by tge conditions and another masive showing by the club
    With 25 or more participants various age cat wins a podium in the a race with two in the top five from what i can remember.
    I was only trying to ignite the rage in you john and it worked!
    Personally i was delighted to beat ben!

great race - one that will be talked about for years! Early on in the day in U-8s Matthew came 1st and Izzie 5th (2nd girl over the line) they loved it!

great to see so many club members out, the course was great - had everything - only thing that drove me nuts was all the mud in my eyes - it's still driving me nuts!
    Had a nice over the bars-sideways on the man-made bermy section - the corners were very soft - loved the big drop - nice roll out so it wasn't hard at all,
    like a dope I did a full practice lap - which, in the conditions probably could have skipped! And to prove I'm still learning -I'd always wear less for the race - cause you're going flat to the mat and you'll be warm no matter what, I dropped the jacket for the race - kinda regretted that decision a bit! hahahah finished 51/60 I think . . . must try harder!

still was great fun! And big shout out to the Pro's who were super cool when passing - all saying hi and 'on your right' 'rider up' and what not - something to be proud of! great Sportspeople!

3. Default

Well done all on a very tough days racing, some amount of shlippin & shliddin, fantastic course and organisation by WORC, thanks & well done all to all involved. Great to have another local Xc series and to see so many Epic jerseys on the day, looking forward to the next one already!!

Glad that mudfest is behind me. Cold, wet, mud, mud, mud. WORC put in a lot of work to prep a great course. I felt sorry for them taking it down in the freezing cold as I was leaving.
    I too made the mistake of too many layers at the start - and then couldn’t see due to fogged up glasses for half the first lap. Surely I learned this lesson before! Things started to improve half way through lap 1 - having some Epic company certainly helped, but an over the bars in the middle section of lap 2 knocked that on the head. Swapped places several times with a Frenchman on a 29er unicycle - pretty amazing feat. Got so so cold afterwards, not helped by having to hose myself down in the garden.
    A day I won’t forget. It could have been such a different experience 48 hours earlier. Well done to all survivors and to WORC for a great course.

5. Default

[QUOTE=harri;196721] Early on in the day in U-8s Matthew came 1st and Izzie 5th (2nd girl over the line) they loved it!
    QUOTE]

Well Done Matthew and Izzie!!!

6. Default

[QUOTE=TaraK;196724]
    Quote Originally Posted by harri View Post
    Early on in the day in U-8s Matthew came 1st and Izzie 5th (2nd girl over the line) they loved it!
    QUOTE]

Well Done Matthew and Izzie!!!
    Well done to them!
    My Alex did the u8 also, led the field till lap 3 and then stopped, got passed by everyone and bust out crying and was inconsolable for 20mins.
    When we tried to ask her about it later she was shouting "I don't want to talk about it!"
    She really wanted to win I think!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Iz dont mind sprintin but I hate dat

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
    Great day out super course made better by tge conditions and another masive showing by the club
    With 25 or more participants various age cat wins a podium in the a race with two in the top five from what i can remember.
    I was only trying to ignite the rage in you john and it worked!
    Personally i was delighted to beat ben!
    I wasn't.
    Well done everyone,
    And well done Alfie ,

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    ----------------------
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

[QUOTE=oldskool;196725]
    Quote Originally Posted by TaraK View Post
    Well done to them!
    My Alex did the u8 also, led the field till lap 3 and then stopped, got passed by everyone and bust out crying and was inconsolable for 20mins.
    When we tried to ask her about it later she was shouting "I don't want to talk about it!"
    She really wanted to win I think!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes -I was wondering about that - she was in total control and out in the lead!!!

9. Default

Great racing... absolutely loved that. After learning to ride my XC bike again on lap 1 after it sitting in the shed since August (went over the bars... stupid steep head angle!) I got into the swing of things. Good amount of swapping positions throughout and I managed to put a decent gap on the group on the last lap, and just about held off Chris M towards the end. Just shy of the podium in my first year in the older lads category. It doesn't get any easier though.

Great 3 in 1 offering XC, CX, and Sunday spin all rolled in to one the stuff legends are made of
    As noted Clothes, Body, Bike all washed twice and fed three times
    Great battle of survival with Brendan pushing Neville and myself to our limits up hill, down hill, along the trenches of mud
    T