Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best spin of 2018

21 Main Street, Rathfarnham Village, D.14

Default Best spin of 2018

Think my best spin was traversing the mournes with the lads
    Using a picture of a map on a phone screen and half an idea of where we wanted to go, felt like a proper adventure and the trails were incredible.

Come on now lets hear them

Default Best spin of 2018

For me - you canít beat the mid summer Open Mountain spin across the Dublin Wicklow border with a twist .... finished joining up with the Tuesday loop (ravens rock, Bag o cips and Knocksink).

Great crew out from Epic and WORC that day. I had an over the bars when my front wheel disappeared into bog and I landed head 1st into comfy soft bog. Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VinnyC; 21-12-18 at 10:41 AM.

3. Default

Has to be the non-stop run off Cammadery mid summer! straight 15min enduro heaven..

myself and Alfie went on a parent spin during the summer over to knocknagun (spelling???). it was such a great place. bone dry during the amazing summer we had. oh god this is depressing ������

5. Default

So many... so hard to choose one but I think Comodoto in the Pyrenees has to be up there...
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1708109350

Integral De Gallinero was also off the charts
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1710876041

Trans Savoie and La Varda in the Alps was aslo amazing.
    Less Traction = More Action

Missed the bike during the best summer in years but got a day of sunshine cycling around Torridon in September. 6 hours with an OS map, compass, no phone reception, swarms of midges and an hour of hike a bike. Beautiful part of the world.

The Tuesday loops were all great (dry, dusty and warm and did I mention dry.

Cooley (despite going the wrong way).

Spin with Terry over Knocknagun

Roc Marathon (despite the mud).

Looking forward to Tuesday evenings around Djouce in the new year...

8. Default

6000m of descending in a day in France in the sunshine, followed by wine and pizza, happy days :)

All the Summer spins, we had around 25 bikers for the spin around Scarr... and then another great spin from Laragh... Dreaming of sunny dry dusty trails again!

Last edited by GH-SB75D; 21-12-18 at 09:39 PM.

what a summer - so many great Saturday spins - some Crone from Djouce spins were magic - couldn't walk after them with the bumps and bruises - but the laughing and the letting loose was nuts! some fun, everyone having a ball - they were magical ones!