Thread: Cyclocross - Kilruddery 25th Nov 2018

Default Cyclocross - Kilruddery 25th Nov 2018

Good day out yesterday in Bray. Riding around mucky fields. Some great results for the club, Terry as ever on the podium, Colm motoring in the A's pipped for 3rd spot. Myself, Mick, Keith lined up in the Bs. Mick punctured on the 1st lap, actually even before the 1st lap started, on a bonus section. Ran the entire lap, changed bike & was yards from catching the cat winner at the finish. Some effort. No complaints for lack of mud at this one. By the 3rd lap, the drivetrain on my machine was in a total jock. Lost minutes unclogging a dropped chain and ended up in no man's lands racing myself for the remainder. All in all enjoyable day out. Tough but no where as brutal as Russborough, still recovering from the shock of that. Not many cx races left now. Can't see too racing next weekend with the agm

2. Default

Well done folks. Went up to have a look. Hard ass course with a big draggy climb and lots of mud.
    Less Traction = More Action

Tough course in 'soft' conditions. The back of the A race, i.e. from 15 downwards, is getting more competitive, after a half lap including the climb to the top of the course it was still wheel to wheel. I had an ok start and was picking off places throughout the in lap to move up to somewhere mid pack(ish???). One mistake on the first lap saw me going backwards quickly and after that it was a case of clawing my way back into it. Toughest race of the year for me - still wrecked. Roll on Navan and Oldcastle :-).

Hard racing difficult soft conditions
    Difficult start at 50 m mud in your eyes followed by some blind bumping and elbows out to get into single file off the bike 3 times before crossing the start/finish timing mat lost a lot of places after that had to go chasing to move up sure another fun day out

Think Mick should get the award for marathon running after a lap off running and still getting back into contention
    Best club rider in B race has to be Brendan first in under 16 when finished after 3 laps was best placed EPIC rider another lap likely to have being on overall podium

Roll on next week in Navan will get some carbs and hydration in at AGM first

T

That was an experience for sure. Longer lap than we are used to but still plenty of variety and action. The mud baths were epic. Punctured on the "in" lap before we had even started properly, completely my own fault for running too soft and not being careful enough. Had a nice run in the country back to the pits for a bike change. Then when I came around the next lap Richard Conroy had fixed the puncture and even washed the bike. The man is a legend !. So switched back and continued to chase as hard as I could from then on in but just failed to catch the other lad in my cat. Still a great day out and always nice to go somewhere new (for me anyway). Congrats to Brendan, Terry and Colm on the podiums.

6. Default

Well done lads, I could'nt go because of parenting duties, but planning on going to Navan..if I don't drink too much at the AGM!