Quote Originally Posted by ronankearneyle View Post
    i'm in b
    banger!!!

3. Default

Doubt I'll be entering this weeks one, will only be back from holliers

Quote Originally Posted by ericag View Post
    Doubt I'll be entering this weeks one, will only be back from holliers
    3 week training camp for cx? see you sat

Well done to Dorris on the Cat win. Not sure how Brendan finished but he was giving it all he had. Tara looked like she was about to be sick after the effort. Plenty of club representation in the B and A races.

I had a really crap start, though not as bad as Harry who lost his rear brake after 100 meters. I slowly clawed my way back into the race. Annoyed at myself for been laped by Dave Conroy very close to the finish. Roll on the next race, that was deadly.

6. Default

Tough night on the saddle! The race started with 2 crashes on the first corner. Flat out after that, but rode within myself and felt good. Congrats to Terry with his win also. Bit of bad luck for Colm when his chain fell off and Paul whose Boa snapped when it caught the pedal, I'm not mad on those either.
    All in all a super night's racing..Thanks WORC.

That was good craic. All of the half a lap I got to do. Myself and Terry got lined up early on pole position, front row. Through the 1st few corners nicely up in the top positions. Then steering the bike was crazy in the back field. Nearly washing out on every bend. Was thinking jeez I really should've taken the commuter tyres off. This is gonna be a long race with no grip. Turns out the front was punctured and was mashing away the pedals without realising. Until eventually the penny dropped. Threw in the towel. Time to go tubeless

8. Default

Yeah that was a great race! Good to be back after the year away from it. Felt great throughout but was just hit with a bit of bad luck. Was well inside the top 10 until my shoe broke on lap 5 and then burped the rear on the second last lap. Delighted I kept going to finish it out after contemplating pulling in. Great atmosphere and some proper bar to bar racing. Really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was fun in a hellish kind of way but really enjoyed my first proper cyclo-cross race! Went hard out on lap one but lost some places due to a pile up on the first set of ramps, someone didn't make it over them, probably a damn roadie! Got going again and passed a good few out , after the first lap I felt like I was going to die, and wasnt sure how I was going to manage another lap, never mind another 5.... But I hung on, and settled into it just trying to catch anyone who was in front of me... On lap 6 I was holding on to whatever position I was in but stumbled and fell remounting after the boards in the back field, 4 lads caught me and passed me.... Really need to work on the re mounting...I practiced the "proper" way during the week but almost lost a ball so didn't try it again.... Anyway couldn't quite catch them before the finish line but happy enough afterwards, once I was sure my heart wasnt going to explode.
    Great watching the A racers afterwards to see how it should be done, serious power and pace there, and lots of tail whips on the jumps! Great to have so many of the club in all of the races too, great evening overall...roll on next race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well that was fun. Wow. Firstly great to see so many Epic folk - most people had a good giggle when they saw me and the cross bike! ha ha! Ronan took a few of us on a recon lap and in that it was evident he was a force to be reckoned with! flying isn't the word! Sorry about your puncture.

At the start gate Terry called me up - i thought it was for a chat - but thanks to him it was to get me into the front line at the start in the rush forward I made it to the second row! This was great as it meant I was out of the carnage for a bit.

This was my 2nd race on the ole crosser. My first time in the dry as Dave Meredith said to me a long time back it's harder in the dry (or something like that) because it's faster - I get that now, no matter how hard I sprinted (in the big ring I might add) it was hard to catch people. I had a good tussle with Keith who was in great form and Glenn dropped us like doggie-doo-doo from the off. He was on a mission.

It was a huge group in the B's and passing is to say the least - rude. No space and lads are dropping in on top of you, I think I need to sharpen my elbows. Worst was being passed and then the person slowing you down for a series of corners! heart-breaking. Couldn't believe the bike though; grip and fun, really enjoyed that! (even though it's brutally tough)

well done to everyone in the club - especially to all the podium-people - really tough evening to get a result! ! ! the pace out there was INSANE! fair play and great to see everyone out there!