Thread: Minaun trails

Default Minaun trails

Hey all, kas here, new to the forum and mtn biking. I've been enjoying ticknock the last few weeks, usually head up every weekend.. I've heard of some trails that are local to me but can't find where they start. Faithlegg woods / the minaun.
    Does anyone have any info?

Cheers.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kastro View Post
    Hey all, kas here, new to the forum and mtn biking. I've been enjoying ticknock the last few weeks, usually head up every weekend.. I've heard of some trails that are local to me but can't find where they start. Faithlegg woods / the minaun.
    Does anyone have any info?

Cheers.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Hi Kastro

Welcome to the forum, Coillte provide a number of trails in Ticknock and Ballinastoe.
    EPIC MTB run a Saturday spin you should attend, the only real route to MTB is group spins and meeting other club members.

Lawdie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Default

Hi Kastro
    The trails your asking about are in Waterford
    Faithlegg woods / the minaun
    https://www.coillte.ie/site/faithlegg/
    May need to ask locally for info

I was on holidays last week in the Faithlegg Hotel, it was a bike free family holiday but the hotel had some bikes out the front so I hopped on a big girly bike with a basket up front and done the deer park loop, kept to the main trail cos the bike wasn't able for much more! Seen loads of class trails running across it, I was on the side with a view of Bellview port, bike trails looked class with a really steep gradient, mad I didn't have my bike to try them out. Well worth hitting Kastro if they're near by, the only directions I can give is to take the deer park marked loop from the Hotel and you'll find them.
    The rider previously known as Stevo