Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Irish National XC Championships 22nd July 2018

Results are in!!

http://irishxcnps.ie/wp-content/uplo...18_Results.htm

Congrats to J. Doris, C.McGarvey, Mr. Caldwell, Harry Byrne who all got podium finishes today!!!

Not to forget Mr. Dardis 9th in a v tough field... Brendan 5th u/14
    Last edited by GH-SB75D; Yesterday at 08:14 PM.

Well done Lads. It must have been brutally hot on a very tough course. I hope ye are celebrating (rehydrating).

Massive congrats on the results folks
    Great to see so many of ye with Podiums and top results from such tough fields
    Enjoy yizzer gargle this eve 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Default

Super tough day and was rewarded well with a bottle of Luna (Terry , Brian and the winos know what this is).
    Man of the match was Paul, who completed 5 laps in the horrendous heat (red hair and all that).
    I was delighted with 3rd, Peter and Aidan were flying.
    Well done to all of the Epic lads.Brillant.

5. Default

Great set up in Castlewellan, testing course with a few tough climbs and good technical descents. It was really hot up there and the racing was close in every category. Congrats to all the Epic podiums. I struggled in my race hanging on for 3rd. We had a great swim in the lake afterwards to cool down!
    Disappointing turn out for our National Champs event, we really need to support these races to keep the sport alive

6. Default Irish National XC Championships 22nd July 2018

Well, glad thatís over. Was pretty nervous at the start but that passed as soon as the whistle went. Knew I had to stay with the lads up front if I was in with a shout. We had a blistering pace at the start with a change of guard a couple of time throughout. I just wasnít strong enough to beat the local lad and I knew well he was really going for it. I gave it all I could and was happy to finish where I did. Back to the drawing board, but I wonít stop until Iím in the green.

Lads, what a club! We were on the podium for every category except elites. Thatís a fantastic achievement and it was something else to have the support of club members throughout the day. I had a fantastic day and well done to everyone who made the trip. Special congrats to John, Colm and Harry on the results. Something else!

21 Main Street, Rathfarnham Village, D.14

Well done lads.
    Tough racing across the categories and well done to everyone who raced and especially the ads who managed a podium finish, not easy.
    Hope to be back at it next year to show you how its done!

8. Default

Well done all. Sounds like it was a really tough race.

9. Default Irish National XC Championships 22nd July 2018

Some photos of myself and Colm on the podium. Canít find one of John and Harry yet.

Last edited by PaulC86; Today at 12:52 PM.

Want to say a big well done to the Epic riders who got onto the podium.A very tough course,made even harder by 25c heat and humidity you could cut with a knife.I'm really happy with my 9th,could'nt have went any quicker,even lost 2 positions on the last lap,but nothing left in the tank.Very well organised event by Banbridge CC.And a big thank you to everyone who shouted encouragement to me every time I passed the pits.
    Rigid Micky!! :)