Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Da Cooley Thriller 2018

Quote Originally Posted by GH-SB75D View Post
    Jaysus! There ya are, I was nearly calling out the mountain rescue for you!!
    Rodney:
    Distance: will it ever fecken end, where’s the next feed station, where the feck am I.
    Elivation: at least twice the height of Everest (it certainly feels that way)
    Calories: 12 snickers, double portion of chicken wings and that cat looks pretty tasty.

Well done on finishing it.

Default Da Cooley Thriller 2018

Quote Originally Posted by GH-SB75D View Post
    EPIC MTB take the prizes!!

Hats off to all ye category winners (jerseys look class) & all who got thru the Thrilla

This year’s course was degly. Even more open mountain trails.

After last year’s cramp-fest, I managed my effort much better this year and had enough left in the legs on the last climb to move up a few places.

Got lucky landing my my feet after a massive spill down the last rocky descent trying to keep up with Dave Meredith on his awesome new Anthem.

Curry afterwards was heaven followed by a feast of pints in Carlingford & back on the ferry across the loch to the family campsite in Norn Irn. I’ll be doin that part again next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really happy to finish that yesterday. Puncture about 15/20k in nearly did me in had the wrong valve on my spare. Only some boy had 1 would have had to call it. Weather really made u have to concentrate thanks to the bro and G Hand to get to the finish in 1 piece. Well done to all the epic podium places. First race in a couple óf years defo 1 for the bucket list hopefully be out on a few spins soon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMeredi View Post
    Mick, I have your jersey, trophy and an envelope (though Tara swears there was no money in the envelope). I recon they might have changed your cat. given that you won the Sports Vets. Let me know if you are out on Tuesday / Thursday/
    Thanks Dave. I'm a bit mystified to be honest as I entered classic vets so not sure what the story is. Guess I'll wait and see when the results come out. As for the 'race' it was one of the hardest things I've done on a bike, way too long for me ! I was almost on my hands and knees going up the last climb. Huge respect to everyone who finished (especially for those who finished sub 4 hours) and massive congrats to the legends who came home with the prizes - Chris, Ben , JD, Terry, Paul, savages all, what a huge haul for the club. Not sure I will be back next year but you I guess you never know !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Default

Thanks lads, epic results ! Well done all who finished.It certainly was a tough one!
    As we rode through the village, I looked back and it was some sight. The whole street was full of mtb'ers, it looked class(Johnny mcCabe pointed this out).
    Really enjoyed the race , rode a steady pace and felt better this way, with no cramping getting over the turnstiles!
    Brilliant results from the club and good to see and chat to all.

Great show from Epic and really great to see so many jerseys. Great start with perfect weather, turned quickly. I bailed before the last feed station as i hadn't trained enough to meet my timeline to get the train to Wexford. This is a great event, everyone should give it a go. Well done to all, really great results and super achievements, delighted to see so many club members at a truly great event, well done all.

really glad to have finished the cooley at last,one of the toughest spins ive done in a long time ,myself and ken appreciate being allowed wear the epic jersey despite the odd cameo appearance,well done the epic winners and also rest of the epic crew for the encouragement\support especially g hand for leading the way as the mist descended.

Quote Originally Posted by simon m View Post
    really glad to have finished the cooley at last,one of the toughest spins ive done in a long time ,myself and ken appreciate being allowed wear the epic jersey despite the odd cameo appearance,well done the epic winners and also rest of the epic crew for the encouragement\support especially g hand for leading the way as the mist descended.
    It wouldn’t be Epic without the Mulveys

Quote Originally Posted by simon m View Post
    and also rest of the epic crew for the encouragement\support especially g hand for leading the way as the mist descended.
    Yeap, like old times with the Mulveys on a spin!

Quote Originally Posted by Batster View Post
    It wouldn’t be Epic without the Mulveys
    How’s the Triathlon training going?