Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Da Cooley Thriller 2018

That sums it up quite well, When I came out on the road I thought that was the end and I missed the last food station only to find out I still had another mountain to do. That was the hardest part, so tired I found it hard to keep my balance. Also had the smallest of mechanicals that didn't help, I pumped the tyres up quite hard and the valve on the front was blocked with tubeless goo and wouldn't let any air out so it was 30psi all the way home.
    Was on a real high on Sat night, BBQ and beers went down well. I'll be quicker next year as I'll have a Epic Jersey.

Thriller is always great, the only issue there is - is delay in posting the results...
    Hopefully this year they could post some excel file, very hopefully still today...

PS: The new course was great and I have seen David motoring after that detour his group made. Impressing!

3. Default

Congrats to everyone who did the race and especially to all the Epic prize winners! it really is a great day on the bike and a big achievement to get around. This is my favourite race of the year and it never fails to throw up something new every year.. this year certainly didn't disappoint!
    Great to see so many Epic jerseys around and a few old faces.
    I had a disappointing day, after about 2 hours racing Paul and I were flying along up the front with only Robin ahead of us, I was feeling good and we were both motoring well together, then we somehow managed to take a wrong turn and by the time we got back on track had lost about 12 places. Our own fault for missing a turn and shows you how important it is to keep a constant eye out for all the turns. I was pushing hard to make up the lost places and managed to fly over the bars, that slowed me down and I just pushed on to the finish.
    Always a great buzz at the Cooleys, fair play to the McCabes and friends for putting on another great race and keeping marathon racing alive.
    The curry at the end is always the best ever!
    Congrats to Robin on a very impressive win and again to all everyone who raced.
    Big shout out and thanks to Oisin for the lift and to Chris for helping me out with my bag and some spare gear after the showers, cheers lads!

4. Default

Great results guys. Never seen such a big haul of winning epic riders at the thriller. Well done.
    Less Traction = More Action

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I'll be quicker next year as I'll have less BBQ and beers!
    Good plan Rodders, I'll do the same!

Link to results up on Facebook/Dropbox .pdf file

Quote Originally Posted by GH-SB75D View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/969s0pgzx6...0Long.pdf?dl=0
    Last edited by DaveMeredi; Yesterday at 09:04 AM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GH-SB75D View Post
    Woohoo 2nd in masters! Watch out Paul ;-)

My last Xc race ever in masters (vets next year), so nice to finish with a placing. Really enjoyed the day out I wish there was more xc marathon racing in Ireland.

What was the story with the prize giving? I had to leave after the race but I heard they called out a lot of categories wrong?

Great results from the club!

Quote Originally Posted by oisin View Post
    What was the story with the prize giving? I had to leave after the race but I heard they called out a lot of categories wrong?
    They were pretty good at the finish line to get your times and category, as well as scanning your number plate so I can only imagine that people either finished in large groups and didn’t stop to give there categories..

they make a mess of the results every year