Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Da Cooley Thriller 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Yep managed to finish, the change in weather and visibility made it a tough slog, someone said the new course was 54k, glad I did it though. thx to those who convinced me to do it. Bloody Strava didn’t work so I have no idea of distance elevation etc.
    Jaysus! There ya are, I was nearly calling out the mountain rescue for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
    Well done everybody
    Glad i couldnt make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootss View Post
    Chris and Mick missing in action.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Me ???

Quote Originally Posted by baldy old git View Post
    Me ???
    You won your category Mick
    Someone has your trophy and jersey but I can't remember who

----------------------
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I find that hard to believe, sure Doris is in the same cat as me !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Default

Ah yeah. Another year another Cooley. Great event. One of my favorites actually. Felt great coming into it and there was a strong bunch of Epicers pulling away at the front. Myself and McGarvey decided to make a break and we were in the zone and very comfortable in 2nd and 3rd. I was at xcm champs levels of feel good and wasnít noticing the Kms passing by. Then we hit the 30km mark after Niall Davis caught us and it all went a little pear shaped. We went straight on instead of making a right turn on some double track climb. We ended up the other side of it and there was nothing. After a bit of faffing trying to figure out what happened we had to ride back on ourselves until we eventually spotted the flag. We put the foot to the floor to try and make up some ground and buried ourselves. We caught a few lads but used a lot of energy in the process. Colm then had a fairly bad OTB moment and I didnít really see him after that. I had to try and recover a bit to make it to the finish. After the last feed station I skulled plenty of fluid and started to come around. Ended up 5th overall but wasnít happy with that especially after how I was feeling before the detour.

Anyway the club put in amazing performances and it was brilliant to see so many jerseys out there. It was grim towards the end and I was glad to get back when I did. Great event as Chris said and defo one to pen in for next year.

Could G Hand put up a link to the full results please??
    Rigid Micky!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickkky View Post
    Could G Hand put up a link to the full results please??
    Results not up as yet...

9. Default

Well done guys that was some effort to get those times. I have not spoken to anyone who didnt get lost at one point or another. especially after that fog rolled in.
    I was on my own for ages, felt like a billy no mates spin :) and missed a right hand turn and carried on up a well ridden single track. Luckily someone saw me in the distance and whistled me back and then the cramp set in and got me 300m from the final decent. Eventually cruised down to the finish.
    Was defo harder and alot more tecky than expected. Was awesome tho. Some proper open mountain riding.
    Will be looking to kick the ass of my time next year for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootss View Post
    You won your category Mick
    Someone has your trophy and jersey but I can't remember who

Mick, I have your jersey, trophy and an envelope (though Tara swears there was no money in the envelope). I recon they might have changed your cat. given that you won the Sports Vets. Let me know if you are out on Tuesday / Thursday/