Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polygon Grassroots Enduro, Sliabh Bhui, Wexford, 3rd June

1. Default

Well that was fun! Mr Enduro/Mr xc/Mr miyagi gave some great tips.....pedal fast :) 3 stages, did them all twice except stage 3,wasn't worth the climb back up again. Now not only did we shread, but we sent it and then pinned it, yep we we're soooo enduro!

Possibly not the best run event ever but fun non the less, brutal climbing on a super hot day, three fresh trail that you had to work hard to get down, views were class too. Fair play to Erica for bagging 2nd, obviously listen to my advice! I had smallish crashes on 2 of my 3 runs so I was happy with joint 3rd in 40+ and 22nd overall.
    Last edited by Mr. Enduro; 06-04-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    The rider previously known as Stevo

3. Default

Yes good day out with fun and challenging stages.Epic mtb well represented. One of the most steepest transitions I have seen to be done twice! Great views from the top over Wicklow and Wexford . Havent done a enduro for a while and was happy with my result. Great event run in a new venue lots of work has been put in to build those trails. Cheers

4. Default

I really liked the no practice day format, and mostly fresh dug trails so everyone was in the same boat. Just 3 stages so I thought it would be an easy day out but 3:45 on the bike and 1200 metres climbing to get through 2 runs of each, and it was really hot. Should have done another run of stage 1 as I had someone crash right in front of me, but happy with 24th overall and just outside top 10 in a big under 40s category. Great to ride some new trails.

Did anyone else get their individual runs times? There was some problem when I finished so only got my best stage times and overall.

5. Default

First enduro for me... Liked the blind format but couldn't really get my head around racing the clock. Good to see done new trails.
    Less Traction = More Action

First Enduro for me as well. Was lucky that they let me sign up on the day but it meant that I only had time for 1 run on 2 of the stages - one of which I made a mess of!! So would like to think I could have done a bit better. Still liked the format and really enjoyed the event. Some day for it. Also, pity there was no over 50’s category - I’m sure I would have won it! - so I had to go in with all the young over 40’s. (My children tell me there is a very good reason for no over 50’s category!!)