Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gravity Enduro Mount Leinster 19th/20th of May

Ah man, that was deadly! Myself, Kieran, Oisin, Mick and Ronan blasted around the 5 super dry stages down in Mt. Leinster, I was on the hardtail and racing blind but I had the series leader plate so I said I'd throw caution to the wind and give it socks! Stage 1 and 2 were so tough on the body, endless rocks to fight with, I was tots wrecked after only 2 stages, stage 3 was easier on the body, fun and plenty of pedalling. 4 and 5 were fluppin great, tight, twisty and fast, loved them! Ended up 2nd in the hardtail cat, 3 secs behind my new nemesis from Sperrin Mtb, delighted with that after racing blind. Harry was 2nd in his class and Brendan was 3rd in the 14-16 cat. Well done to everyone else, great for me to go around with the gang and have the craic, I have too many negative thoughts when I'm on my own, you can't beat having a laugh with the lads! Next up is the Grassroots Enduro in Sliabh Bhui, Wexford.
    Last edited by Mr. Enduro; 05-20-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    The rider previously known as Stevo

2. Default

Well done guys!!!

Class results, well done all who got out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Default

Great day out on the bike, some cracking trails at Mt Leinster, would love to give them a go under normal conditions. Nothing super challening on the course, all very rollable, but some hard work in the early stages, more pedaling required than at Ballinastoe, but some spectular scenery when you get the chance to look up.
    Cheers lads for the trail tips - left, then right, then rocks, then left, then a jump, then a rocky bit, then more rocks, then a gully, the left again. OK, got it.

5. Default

Twas a great 2 days riding alright. Sun was out to greet us on Saturday but thankfully wasn't to be seen on Sunday. The transition bants were gas. Directions and tips for the blind lads flying all over the place. In the end they were boiled down to "the next one is a bit flowyer, pedal through the rocks" although the starting point of flowy was low for stage 1....all went quite on the stage 3- 4 transition, was a pox. Comparing to last years times I got a bit faster, but the top lads got even fastererer......Didn't make the registration for the Gorey GrassRoutes will be looking for the Stravas on this one.... and can't for Oisin's beer in 4 weeks, its called coffee mechanical something or other!..slurp..