Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Cyclocross Champs

Only back on the bike this week proper so won't be doing the support race. I'll be there Sunday, had volunteered with organisers but might be able to help out on start line.

can't wait Terry - should be fun!

If anyone has any spare containers for water they could come in handy if its gets crazy muddy, according to the tech document we can get water on site. Should be a fun but frantic few hours!

4. Default

Best of luck to anyone doing this. I'm away for the weekend so won't be able to help out or race - sorry!! . I'd say its going to be muddy!!!

Can't make it this weekend Terry but looking forward to kick starting my cx career next autumn with my shiny new bike. It's going to be great! Best of luck to everyone competing!
    Last edited by mollser; 01-12-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Best of luck to all tomorrow, I'd love to help out but have to travel for work, probably won't be able to make it up there at all in the morning as flight at 13:30. Went up for a look this evening, great looking course.

Iíll be there for the menís M40+ race and can help in pits or at the start line.

Thanks for the support today Terry O'Neill (in the support race!), and Epic's Muiris for taking part too! great race in real tough conditions - was soaked to the bone before we even kicked off, hard to get properly warmed up. stayed on the bike for the race. took off okay- was in a bunch, then started to pass people one by one, then plans fell apart and a few of them began to over take over. . .

Mass start with all groups as one (girls, boys, women and men), manged to finish in front of a couple of people (that would include a few small children!!!) really enjoyed it, need to get faster and start training for next year right now! can't believe just how sticky grass is. there's probably a few handfuls of it in my lungs too.

Thanks to all for the cheers - John Fagan, Robin, Harry, Trevor, Richard, Max, Terry, Dave Lawless to name just a few of the illustrious crew - many thanks; it really lifted me! (so I didn't finish last)!!!!!!!!

the course was not technical - all in the club would have no issue with the lap. you'd all love it in fact!!!

Well done John, looked grim from the pics and people coming back from the venue....

Sounds like you have the CX bug now, next year you can win a B race!

Great riding from Harri and Muiris today tough conditions to have to do practice laps in then race with it raining non stop hope the weather improves for tomorrow hate getting wet
    Think Harri is bitten by the cx bug......see you on the start line next Sept Harri

Natalie as you have volunteered to help at race no worries ...........Keith could you collect spare clothing at start line for M40M50 race and head over to pits to help Garry in pits
    To enter pits area wrist tag required every rider issued with 2 tags so please collect of riders
    T