Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Cyclocross Champs

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, won’t make it as have to talks kids to football. Well done today Harri, thanks for the support Terry.

WEll done John Doris on second and Terry on the win - Terry you’ll be able to sport that Irish champs kit again this year regardless , well done all. Would love to have been there, good luck to those in the afternoons racing.

Congrats to John and Terry - not sure how Harry did but he was well in it on lap one of his race. Very heavy course in places and quick in others but overall it was deadly - a real test of skill, fitness and endurance. Huge thanks to Gary and Aaron in the pits - they put in a lot of work to make sure that we were kept going. Not really sure about my own race. there were good bits and poor bits; I burped the rear tyre at one point which allowed the guys that I was racing to pull away on my second last lap. I didn't do enough to stay in front go Robin (as in I didn't do enough to not get lapped :-)) so I finished -1 Lap. I have to say that it was an amazing event; not just great racing. Now, I'm off to eat and sleep. Now that the CX season is finished I think I'll take a week off before the XC training begins...

Well done to everyone who raced!

5. Default

What a weekend of racing big shout out to team WORC for a super event certainly setting the standard for how an event should be run.
    Super course for riding and a real spectacle to spectate at never seen so many spectators at a cx event before

All results
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HEa...dsqBCsp1z/view
    http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie/...18_Results.htm

On the sat Harri in his first race 3th in the M40 ,Muiris 4th in the open cat great results in brutal wet and windy conditions.

On the Sun with much improved weather we had Colm,Dave , Niall in the M40 with Colm finishing in 4th,and Dave 25th in his first CX championships.
    In the M50 we had John, Mick and myself
    John came in Second to collect a silver medal having collected a bronze last year word is he is hoping for gold next year to have a full set no pressure super result and congratulations John ,Mick finished in 17th follow by myself in 20th would also like thank the off road commission and team WORC for awarding trophies for M60 riders also

In the Junior race we had Harry who gave great account of himself finishing 6th in a field which he and the rest of the junior riders would have decimated most of other riders in all the other senior races.

On behave of all the rider need to say a huge thanks to the pit workers who volunteered for a tough day of tension being covered in muck,being frozen,bike washing ,swapping and looking after all the riders, plus shouting encouragement thanks.
    Garry his son Aaron and friend,Trevoir, Harry,Alife,Keith apoligies for anybody I have missed.

T
    Last edited by terenceo; 01-15-2018 at 11:15 AM.

6. Default

I think Terry covered just about everything. Great riding by the club members on a course that was brutally hard. I must say the organisation and the atmosphere was class.
    I had Mick Jordan up my arse for most of the race , so I suffered a little to keep ahead. Des Woods was flying as usual. Looking at the lap times, Colm put in some fast laps, but was up against the best.
    Delighted with silver and a good way to start the season...or end the season!! not sure which .