Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixx Cyclocross Series

CX is so much fun, loads of mini races going on in a tight course with 90 riders in the B race. Highlight was a mad tussle with Terry O'Neill, he could teach Peter Sagan a thing or two I'd say! Here's hoping they are all as much fun. Great to see so many Epic racers out there, I reckon Epic was one of the best represented clubs at the event. A race looked very hard, isolated riders throughout and small pods of 4 or 5 working their socks off. Exciting finish, top racing. Fair play to Dave Meredith, only a few seconds off first place. Great racing from the ladies too, a great team out there. Clare had to tear my lad Darragh off the bike to get him home... he'd still be there doing laps otherwise. Ulster cx in two weeks in Lurgan for the more committed/masochistic/deranged of Epic Cx'ers. Then Grangcastle. Two punctures and a badly sprained thumb for me there over past three years, hoping for better luck/fun this year.

Nice report Donough, I think everyone enjoyed themselves no matter where they finished, as you said loads of mini-battles!

And congrats..commiserations to Dave M going to the A race!?

3. Default

well done everyone and all the podiums again! Great results. and David Meredith never seen u look so strong well done, well deserved!!!! Im on the old Trance MTB so not seriously competing obviously , but was staying well up with the people at the back & was overtaking some of them yay ......... until the second lap when my chain came off and got so tightly wedged , it took two lads to yank it free haha, thanks Muiris for the rescue! Anyway so continued on although I had lost loads of time. These races are great crack for anyone thinking of doing them. My results look very wrong though ...dont know why im in the first ten.... defo came last. Onto the next in October though , great fun evening : )

Quote Originally Posted by GH-SB5c View Post
    And congrats..commiserations to Dave M going to the A race!?
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DOK View Post
    Ulster cx in two weeks in Lurgan for the more committed/masochistic/deranged of Epic Cx'ers.
    Same day, September 24th, as the XC marathon champs so plenty of choice racing that weekend. 50 minutes of all in, flat to the boards racing or 65km of trails at a high tempo....

Loads of battles is right. Looking at the results where I was, middle of the pack, 9 finished separated by 8 seconds. You can bet, every one of those majorly bursting their bollx to grab a spot on the last lap. Some effort. Dying crossing the line. Where else would you give it as much socks