Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixx Cyclocross Series

Default Fixx Cyclocross Series

I know a few folk missed the launch of the Fixx series entry last year & as a result - couldn't race cross.

Anyways - series entry opened today. If you plan to race, I'd enter now if I was you. B's normally sell out before A's from memory - but as popularity grows - As entry could be full in no time

https://fixxcx.wordpress.com/2017-entries/

Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Vinny im signed up for Bs. Looking forward to it

www.terrymcdonagh.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcnipples View Post
    cheers vinny i'm signed up for the A' s. Looking forward to it

fyp

Think I'll stick with individual entries just in case. Not long now, time for some panic training.

Round 1 over, and what a brilliant course, dry and dusty in places... Some great results from the club including Dave M who just missed out on the win in the Sen.B race... Mick O who won the M50's, Terry who won the M60!
    Brendan Conroy won his U14 race. Harry Byrne 2nd Jun.
    Erica, Caroline and Natalie all had top 10 finishes in the ladies race..
    As well as everyone else who did well in a very tough A race with all the Elite riders which saw Robin just edged out for the race win..

http://www.elitetiming.co.uk/Results...sults_2017.pdf

Brilliant way to spend a Saturday evening, really well run event and the rain holding off was a massive plus. Decent turnout for the club with the lads cleaning up and the ladies doing us proud putting in a solid shift. Everyone seemed to get a good race no matter what place they were in. Pity I wasnt on a proper cx bike to get back a few spots that I was loosing on the fast flat sections but all in all happy with where I came on the trusty hardtail. Cant wait for the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Brilliant way to spend a Saturday evening, really well run event and the rain holding off was a massive plus. Decent turnout for the club with the lads cleaning up and the ladies doing us proud putting in a solid shift. Everyone seemed to get a good race no matter what place they were in. Pity I wasnt on a proper cx bike to get back a few spots that I was loosing on the fast flat sections but all in all happy with where I came on the trusty hardtail. Cant wait for the next one
    Great result for you Gary, beating guys with full on carbon cx bikes!

I may have fecked myself up by keeping it a little too steady thinking I still had to survive another lap when in fact I was actually on my last , doh!

Very well run event by worc. Super slick organisation as usual. Had a great night myself, first slaying the body in the B race. Highlight of night, Mick's wheel leaving his bike jumping the barriers. Got away lightly there i reckon, even if it did screw his race. Stayed around to watch the exciting A race. Can't wait for the next one of these. Time to get down to serious training, been a few lean months of late for biking. Well done to all who won stuff

Great night of racing for all the family. The pizza guy was a big hit with Evan :-). I was undecided about going in the Bs but Evan would never have stuck out an hour gap between Tara's race and the As.

Great to be back racing cx after Last years broken collar bone on the humps in Kilternan. Got a good start and was sitting in 4 approaching the humps. The guys in first and second hit them fast and flew off the bikes right in front of me bringing back some painful memories. I was probably too cautious on the humps all night and that cost me but whatever. I didn't hold on to the guy who passed me on lap three but I i managed to keep everyone else behind me to take second.

Looking forward to moving up to the As where my lap times from last night would have me outside the top 20; it's going to be hard(er) and better. Roll on Grange Castle.
    Last edited by DaveMeredi; 09-04-2017 at 08:26 AM.