Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mick Byrne 200 - 2017

In fairness Terry your right, the forecast has changes, dull but dry.

Well, I made it around the 160 today, thanks to Redser from Worc for the company...

Oz/Erica, Andy, Dave M and Terry beard did the hoop busting 200k, ouch!

Perfect weather, not that windy up by Glenmacnass waterfall and Sallygap..

I think young Terence broke his record for the 200k today!

Long day in the saddle - happy I did the 200km but can't say right now that I'm planning on doing it again :-). Good craic cycling around the course with Andy, Oz and Terry. Highlights had to be the Collie that tried to eat my tyres, the road into Laragh (I could taste the food from 5Km out) and the chase across the Sally Gap back into Dalkey. I even managed to tow a few roadies home.

Having said all that - 200Km on a CX bike was uncomfortable at times so I'm off to do a yoga session in the hope that I'll be back on the bike tomorrow.

Elapsed Time 8:28:29
    Moving time 7:42:28 + 3 minutes ish at the start where I didn't have the Garmin switched on :-)
    Meters climbed: 3,374m
    Avg Speed 25.8km/h
    Max Speed 72.4km/h (Descending into Glenmalure)
    Last edited by DaveMeredi; 05-29-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Well done guys. I did the 110 in just over 4 hours and it was plenty for me. How long were u lads out

www.terrymcdonagh.com

5. Default

Great day out on the bike. Terry the beard was motoring. Superb organisation and route signage. Managed to do the 200 km in 7 h 54 min (3400 m climbing). Legs felt great at the end so was happy with that. Time for second dinner. Well done all.
    Less Traction = More Action

6. Default

Oh jebus! So I was out for nearly 10 hours, including stops,Flippin wrecked now. Was on my own for pretty much the whole day, few groups caught me on climbs and tried to stay with them but it wasn't to be, gained a bit of ground on the flat, but zapped energy trying to catch up, and then gave up and just went my own pace. Physically and mentally tough day, didn't have the gears on the cx bike that I would have liked, and being on my own with no one to chat to, or sit in behind to take a rest from the wind was hard. Don't think I'll do it again, but glad I did it...I think! The longest distance and most climbing I've ever done, even the Garmin said I as deadly :) fair play to all who did it...Except those who chickened out and did the 100km ha

Fair play Erica thats some day in the saddle. There's no way I could cope with that long on the road.

www.terrymcdonagh.com

Well done all, savage day by the sounds of it. Nothing tougher on a bike than grinding out solo miles Erica, fair play,

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Great day out on the bike brought me back to my childhood very tradional like the 100miles in 8 hours, 12hour, and 24hour events organised by all clubs before the sportivas of today. Total time 9-40 riding time 8-18 so about 25 min less than last year not that times matter as conditions change year to year . Moments of the day giving John D a wave hope you may the cut of time to start John, watching the dog trying to eat Dave’s front tyre hilarious
    Stars of the day must be Sorrento Cyling Club for running the event all riders well looked after for food and drink before during and after event thanks.
    Looking forward to next year already
    T

10. Default

What a day. Thank fook for the weather. After doing the 160 last year I felt I could have done the 200 so I had to return. Was a tough day in the saddle but was so worth it to see Daves bike been attacked by the collie and he mate the white ball of fluff egging him on! 7h56m moving time in the end. Thought I’d be in a hoop today but the legs are ok. As Terry said hats off to Sorrento for a very well run event.