Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mick Byrne 200 - 2017

Lightbulb Mick Byrne 200 - 2017

Might do this again for the craic.. The 160k version of course, will leave the 200k to our very own Supervet!

Would be good to get a few people from the club to attend and cycle it as a group...Well.. Until Sally Gap anyways!

Event to be held at the following time, date and location:

Sunday, 28 May 2017 from 08:00 to 21:00 (IST)

Dalkey
    Dalkey Utd FC
    Hyde Road

2. Default

I was wondering why you bought that new road bike!

I’m planning on doing the 200 this year. Sure we weren’t far off the 200 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I was wondering why you bought that new road bike!

I’m planning on doing the 200 this year. Sure we weren’t far off the 200 last year.
    Ha! Well my backside would certainly notice the extra 40k!

The weather was great last year, hopefully the same this year, good pair of shorts and some spare food will be needed this time..

See you on the 28th graham no scoffing all the sambos in laragh leave some for me please great day out last year not over subscribed think numbers may have being limited to 300 so no hoards on the roads there again not much chance of being towed around
    I found this a good warm up for the 8 hour race in castlewellan which is on again this year 17th june?
    T

5. Default

Yep I'm gonna do it again this year, felt like I could do more after the 160 last year so might even tempt the 200....maybe

Sounds tempting. I never do any of this type of stuff but need to get fit and challenge myself. The longes spin I've ever done is about 70k and that was only once a few years ago. Could I do it??

7. Default

Do you not know the saying...If Erica can do it, anyone can do it!! �� It's a great day out, really enjoyed it last year, although the weather payed a big part in that, oh and the company obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Batster View Post
    Sounds tempting. I never do any of this type of stuff but need to get fit and challenge myself. The longes spin I've ever done is about 70k and that was only once a few years ago. Could I do it??
    Yea of course, there's a couple of water stops and a big food stop in Laragh just to fill you up before the climb up to Sally Gap, will help you on the way down though!

Signed up for the 160km.

www.terrymcdonagh.com

**** it, just signed up for the 160kms.