Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: Da Cooley Triller Sat 6th August

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The wrong side of 50.
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie G View Post
    What's it like technically? Suitable for beginner/intermediate riders?
    I've done it twice Natalie, so you'd be well able for it. Not technical, just long and hard (stop smirking Micky). Hydration is very important, I got serious leg cramps the last time because I didn't drink enough water. It's a beautiful trail and worth all the pain for the final decent in to Carlingford.

  2. Default

    Hmmmm - I'm thinking of giving it a try - just have to consider if my legs could take 6 hours of cycling....yikes....

  3. #13

    Default

    Thanks, distance should be ok. Sounds good apart from the descent part Plenty of time to decide what bike to use.

    Tara - you'll be fine. I'm certainly not planning on racing it.

  4. Default

    Tara and Natalie you will both be well able, the distance used to freak Me out too,thought it would take all day, but you don't feel the time going in. Like the guys said just eat and drink as much as you can and take it at your own pace, and enjoy the stunning scenery. You could always just treat it like a spin and do it together

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericag View Post
    Tara and Natalie you will both be well able, the distance used to freak Me out too,thought it would take all day, but you don't feel the time going in. Like the guys said just eat and drink as much as you can and take it at your own pace, and enjoy the stunning scenery. You could always just treat it like a spin and do it together
    I may be stuck with the husband (more likely him stuck with me), but if not would be happy to do it as part of a group.

    The distance is fine, off to a wedding/cycling holiday next week in Spain so that will set me up for the rest of the season.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The flatlands of North County Dublin
    Posts
    529

    Default

    I'm away but it a great event! Enjoy.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMeredi View Post
    entered.
    Which group are you in Dave? Sport, Masters or Expert ? Too many options, can't decide :)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Barrytown Wheelies
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    Which group are you in Dave? Sport, Masters or Expert ? Too many options, can't decide :)
    Adrian, do the "Masters (30-39)" category, Elites will be S1 and top S2, Experts will be top S2 and S3, though, like any cat, you will have sandbaggers in all...
    ____________
    Sur la Plaque!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Churchtown, Dublin
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GH-XC View Post
    Adrian, do the "Masters (30-39)" category, Elites will be S1 and top S2, Experts will be top S2 and S3, though, like any cat, you will have sandbaggers in all...
    Are you suggesting that Terry is the sandbagger in classic vet?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Barrytown Wheelies
    Posts
    3,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Are you suggesting that Terry is the sandbagger in classic vet?
    Terry Beard is Elites this year!
    ____________
    Sur la Plaque!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •