Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Da Cooley Triller Sat 6th August

Default Da Cooley Triller Sat 6th August

Da Cooley Triller Sat 6th August 2016
    Info sign on here
    https://dacooleythriller.wordpress.com/
    What can I say ? an event not to be missed , how long will it take you? if you have not done this before check last years times, find somebody you know and make that your target time ,also getting in a few extra miles before helps as well,
    See you at the start on the 6th
    Any questions post or ask when you see me this event is for everybody who rides regardless of if you race or only go on spins after all the racers burst off up the first track the rest of us settle down to completing the course and having a great day out testing our endurance
    T

entered.

Despite saying I'd never do the Cooley again (after my last one!) I'll be there for sure this year!
    For some reason the raw numbers (50kms and 1700mts climbing) don't describe how tough it is - https://www.strava.com/activities/75394685
    Going to try very hard to hang in with you for the day Terry and I'll be aiming to get as close to 4 hours as I can!
    Bring it on!!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardL View Post
    Going to try very hard to hang in with you for the day Terry and I'll be aiming to get as close to 4 hours as I can!
    Bring it on!!
    I'm sure you'll win your Category no problem this year RL!

Quote Originally Posted by GH-XC View Post
    I'm sure you'll win your Category no problem this year RL!
    If only Graham! Lots of really quick guys in the over 50's I'm afraid!

This is a great day out, I am entered for the fifth year running, I wouldn't miss it. It might sound a bit mad to say this but, "it is not anywhere as tough as Richard makes it sound". Get signed up, you will love it.

What's it like technically? Suitable for beginner/intermediate riders?

Its not techy at all,Ive done it twice fully rigid (no sniger1ng at the back!).Came 2nd in Vets one of those times. The Thriller is all about the distance,the climbing and pacing yourself.
    Rigid Micky!! :)

9. Default

Not to be missed
    Less Traction = More Action

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie G View Post
    What's it like technically? Suitable for beginner/intermediate riders?
    As Micky says Natalie - not technically difficult - and if I say that ... it's not!!

Really important to pace yourself ... I find the 2nd half much harder than the 1st! But it's a great day out and the scenery up there is amazing too!