Thread: Copy recordings from a UPC box?

1. Default Copy recordings from a UPC box?

To all you techies..
    I have a grey UPC mediabox digital video recorder made by Thomson, model : dci62upc.
    I have a few programmes on it that I wish to copy to DVD via my laptop which has a dvd burner.
    The UPC box has the following outputs although I haven't tested if they actually work:
    RF out
    USB
    Scart
    Can anyone please advise me on how to do this?

Pain in the hoop for the most part, an potential fix is just pm me what the programs are and I'll see if they are readily available to 'borrow' from elsewhere online.

21 Main Street, Rathfarnham Village, D.14

pervert

4. Default

Cheers Adrian, I'll give you a shout.
    Now now Alfy,don't be judging others by your v high standards!
    Sure you can't get any good stuff on those UPC boxes anyway :-)
    It's only GAA matches from the glory days of 03, 05 & 08!

Copy them to an external hd via the USB, plug that into your computer and see what type of files they are, convert them using whatever software u have, and then u can burn them to DVD, I have all the software if u give me a hd with them on it I can do it.

The UPC box won't let you copy the HDD contents, a video grabber would be the only straight forward way to do it from the box.

7. Default

The contents of the UPC box are not HD as it is not a HD box, does this make a difference?

I mean hard drive when I say hd and Adrian is right , I thought u could export the files but alas no, poxy gaa who cares

Right HDD means hard disk drive and is nothing to do with the content on the box, you need to go to PC World, Maplin and buy a USB Video Capture card, they can cost from bout €30 up or less if you buy on ebay. Dazzle would be a branded one and are very easy use. All you have to do is plug the scart lead into the capture card and it will copy to your laptop and then burn to DVD.

You would be hard pushed to try find a copy of GAA matches available to download online so the capture card is most likely the best / straight forward option.

10. Default

nice one Adrian, thanks for that, i'll give the aul dazzle a go and see how i get on! might be calling you for some further advice !