Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPIC Site Hacked.

Default EPIC Site Hacked.

I'm sure most of you are aware by now that the EPIC MTB forum was the victim of a malicious hacker attack and the subsequent down time. I can confirm that private user data was not compromised during the attack.

We take this kind of stuff very seriously and I've taken steps to limit our exposure to further such attacks.

For those interested it was an SQL injection attack targeting a weakness in VBulliten (the software that runs our forum). I will be giving the committee a full run down about what happened in the coming days.

Adrian

jackson Guest

any idea as to the motivation of the hacking besides acting the bollox or is mtb forbidden in the Koran ??

No real idea to be honest, had a glance through some of the notes in the hackers code and it just looked like he was acting the bollix.

We would have a fairly high traffic site there is a round of vbulliten attacks happening at the moment. Combine that with SQL insertions are quick and easy so they just had a.go for sport.

Well done for sorting it, god forbid some weirdo would find out where we're heading on our bikes!

God forbid some tri weirdo found out we hate them more than roadies!!!!
    Rigid Micky!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Iomair View Post
    Well done for sorting it, god forbid some weirdo would find out where we're heading on our bikes!
    Classic.

There will be about ?hours down time at some stage today while I run an update. I usually do these at stupid O clock but need to get this sorted asap to plug a potential security hole.

7. Default

Upgrade complete, sorry for the downtime during the day. I know it forced some of you to have to do actual work.
    All Admin forum related issues, please PM me.
    EPICMTB

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I know it forced some of you to have to do actual work.
    Yea! Thanks for that!

Well done Adrian and Carla. Do you have any contact details for the hackers? They could really use some good typographic guidance.
    Zoop de jour.

10. Default

Thanks for sorting it out Adrian