Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro, beginner, improver MTBing Starting 6.4.13 Ticknock 9.00

Default Intro, beginner, improver MTBing Starting 6.4.13 Ticknock 9.00

Howdy anybody interested or know anybody interested in getting into Mountainbiking..starting Saturday 6th April .
    You will need
    a helmet !
    a fully functioning entry level MTB with working brakes and gears.
    at least 1 litre of drink
    a bar or jellies
    Proper shoes and pedals = either spds and spd shoes or proper flats shoes like 5.10s and proper flats shimano DXs or any with multiple pins.
    A base layer is essential regardless of the weather
    Same with a light rainjacket.
    2 tubes ( not patched ones )
    A pump ( CO canisters as well if you are smart)
    Full finger gloves

I am contrary about equipment not just from a fashion sense but if you fall on your arse up the mountains and have to sit there, it will be the difference between life or death if you are wearing a baselayer.
    If you have any questions call in to see me in the Giant Store on the Long Mile Road.
    Richie
    Last edited by Byrner; 27-03-13 at 10:22 AM.

joeduke Guest

Hi Richie, I have been out injured for a while and just back on the bike this week, do you mind if I tag along on this spin?

fantastic..everybodys welcome , its not racing or training its just riding and having the craic and learning stuff..

actionpix Guest

This "should" be right up the alley of the Secretary for the Ministry of Domestic Expenditure & Happiness. I'll let her know and hopefully we'll both be there.
    If it's not chucking it down out of the heavens, I'll bring a camera :)

awesome !

i'd like to try this-complete beginner-i'll need to leave it before 10am if the wolfpack spin's on.

joshholmes Guest

Do I need to register or anything? Or do I just show up before 9:00 on Sat with the appropriate gear?

Josh, just show up and be ready to cycle at 9.00.

Remember Richies bark is far worse than his bite....or is that the other way around?

no i'm one of the few whose bark is as bad as his bite..just turn up..I'm always nice to beginners. Its the feckin eejits who think they can teach me the moves I am hostile too !

Hi Richie, I have one recruit for the spin, he will be there ready to go.