Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 XC Marathon Champs

Quote Originally Posted by terenceo View Post
    Add a cuddly toy to the list
    yes..a cuddly toy would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kran View Post
    Can't see a problem with any of that, just need to up the entry fee to €1000 per person.
    ask me bollix, just tap the JP McM**** lad or the creepy Hobbit who looks after the carpark !

kran Guest

Online registration and payment for the XC Marathon Champs is now open. Remember you only need to pre-register and pay for the main marathon, for the mini you just do it on the day.
    Here's the link http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie/...ration-portal/

jackson Guest

how much does it cost and is parking extra ??

kran Guest

25 for Main Marathon, 15 for Mini, also you need a cyclingireland license or you'll have to purchase one on the day. Parking is €5 but we're trying to get Coilte to not charge the racers as we are already paying them a fortune for a permit anyway. Can't guarantee anything though.

jackson Guest

thank you for replying much appreciated , i have one more question for you if you can answer , why is this clashing with another marathon event ??

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    thank you for replying much appreciated , i have one more question for you if you can answer , why is this clashing with another marathon event ??

hahahahahaha..
    I've one question too..if the Bloody lakeland warrior is so deadly how come they put it on the same time as the Marathon Champs ?

kran Guest

The race was brought forward to August for a few reasons, so that it would fit in better with the overall XC racing calendar, it's just a nice gap between the Nationals and it so people are still geared up for it. Also by bringing it forward it was hoped that it would get a better attendance and the last reason, which makes no sense this year, was that we were thinking the weather would be better in August. We didn't get to pick any date we liked, we were "granted" a date by UCI, if we went about argueing for another date we would probably be still argueing now. What's done is done at this stage, all we can do is promise anyone that comes a good race, 90 percent single track, well marked, timed perfectly, well marshalled, good feed stations, and ye'll be fed after the race too. We can't do much more after that.

Kran, all joking aside, it was the right thing to do and we all know that you put on a great show and it will be well worth going to.
    As for the Lakeland Warrior thing, lets face it , it can't and shouldn't clash with the National Champs. Its unfortunate but somebody is supposed to coordinate these things early on and work to make sure theres no clashes. The lakeland Warrior event will suffer but theres nothing anybody can do about it now, we often had to reschedule the Blast due to DH races and even the World champs being on and we accepted the fact that , thats just the way things go.

jackson Guest

until a couple of minutes ago i was undecided as to which event i would be doing , i had decided that whoever i got a response from regarding the clash i would go to their event, so thank you kran for replying and making the decision for me. in january i got an email from 26extreme offering a 10%discount if i signed up for lakeland before 31st of january ,i emailed them back saying i wanted to do both events and was there any chance they could work something out with the offroad commision and i have yet to hear back from them.