Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 XC Marathon Champs

kran Guest

Default 2012 XC Marathon Champs

Hi all, this years Marathon Champs is only around the corner. Sunday 26th of August is the day of reckoning so let's all keep our fingers crossed for some sunshine. We are all a bit tired of cycling around in mud and crud at this stage, there's a time and place for that but it's not meant to be summer. Now to keep the crud to a minimum we have taken out some of the wetter sections from last years race. We have 90km of hard pack weather proof trails here in the Ballyhouras and we intend to make full use of it. We have selected a 65km route this year and we are sure ye will enjoy it. It won't be easy though but there's plenty time left to get some big mileage training in.
    If you fancy something a bit shorter we also have a 25km Mini-Marathon on the same day.
    Follow this link for all the details on our forum http://www.teamballyhoura.com/forum/....php?f=3&t=727
    Any questions just contact us via our forum or Facebook page

nice won ,looking forward to the pain..

Loved this last year! Some long ..... long climbs!

run it in reverse you losers !! that will make it a real challenge..I've a pain in me hoop going the same way down there !

Quote Originally Posted by Byrner View Post
    run it in reverse you losers !! that will make it a real challenge..I've a pain in me hoop going the same way down there !
    I remember talking to the lads from trail riders down there before and I don't think events can use trails in the wrong direction, something to do with the trails still remaining open to the public during comps etc so they always have to stay the same.

Not sure how much truth is in that but I'd say Chris and the lads would be fairly clued in.

ah shut up ye feckin killjoy ! run it backwards i say ..backwards and you will hear the Devil talking at you..! I don't care about the rules !

and 65k..thats like a spin to the shops a Marathon MTB race should be 100K..

What way do these things work are they laps or one loop ??

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Fitzpatrick View Post
    What way do these things work are they laps or one loop ??

I did it a couple of years ago and I think its just stacked loops taking in some for the extra natural trails for good measure.

Andy,its basically one long 65km trail,you wont ride any trail more than once.You set off on the trail,and depending how fast you go,you arrive at the finish between 3 hrs amd 6 hrs later!Its not an event for spectaters!!
    Rigid Micky!! :)