Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NPS 5 Killarney

Quote Originally Posted by noeldoc View Post
    Hi everyone ,Noel here from Killarney.Will be keeping an eye on the forums over the next 2 weeks and will try to answer all questions.
    Noel, if you have video and/or pictures let me know and I will put them up on the XCo facebook page and website...
    Last edited by GH-SB75D; 29-05-12 at 09:23 AM.

Check out the Irish XC Facebook page for a Poll on the Killarney Round of the NPS: Facebook XCo Page

posts discussing NPS5 moved here...

noeldoc Guest

Thanks for all the encouragement and positive comments lads.Seriously though nobody should miss this weekend.This location is a "ONE STOP SHOP FOR A MEGA MTB RACING WEEKEND" What other location can offer you 5* 4* 3* accomadition,A hostel and a camping site, bars ,restaurants,swimming pools, A National Park, A panoramic view of the sun setting on the lakes of killarney, all within spitting distance of the start/finish line of what will be the best race course this year.There is no Question of this race being a disaster,even if people dont travel." it will be a great success! " but it will be "Bleeding Deadly" if you guys come.You dont want to miss it!
    The course has been extended by 1/2 km since the munster series and has had more features added.The track has bedded in beautifully and has benifited from 10tonne of hardcore.Its running sweet.Will have video and gps mapping shortly.Unfortunately it was blocked on you-tube due to copyright on soundtrack so need to load elsewhere.
    Travelling time was 3 hours for us from Dublin Sun eve in Transit crew cab. Take the Limerick route.
    Fossa is easy to find but will leave that until later as it will only get lost at the rate you guys post here.
    Thanks to Graham for sorting the posts, much appreciated, and to john and Dave for their reviews.
    Sorry to hear you can be here richie,
    Noel
    Last edited by noeldoc; 29-05-12 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noeldoc View Post
    Travelling time was 3 hours for us from Dublin Sun eve in Transit crew cab. Take the Limerick route.
    Fossa is easy to find but will leave that until later as it will only get lost at the rate you guys post here.
    Thanks to Graham for sorting the posts, much appreciated, and to john and Dave for their reviews.
    Sorry to hear you can't be here richie,
    Noel
    Good man Noel, send me your GPS map and Video to Hello(at)xcomtb.ie

beam me up scotty, tight twisty techie track, with no big climbs sounds like paradise to me (although kickers is a very ambiguos term). Am heading down, likely on the Saturday with a view to staying on the grounds if possible, would be great to get a few of us together to "carbo-load" the night before on a few starchy beverages.

Often in SA when we did races in far off places there was a "pasta evening" etc put on by the local sports club/ rotary club which raised a few funds but served to draw the riders together and get a "buzz" going the night before, likely too late to for this event but a thought for the clubs further afield, have a registration the night before, slap up a pasta dish and encourage out of towners if come down early with the prosepct of cheap beer and "home cooking". Granted most of these were marathon style races starting at 6am so you kinda had to go the night before, but smaller scale versions of similar might be worthwhile.

and one time, at band camp.......

Sounds great. I'm going, excellent work from the lads in Kilarney down there and they deserve total support. It should be a 3.5 hour drive from Dublin these days??? Not much more anyways, car pool or take the family, so much to do in Killarney, make a trip of the race and make it a success. MTB needs this, show the public that it's a proper sport with a big following.... getting a bit carried away here, you'd swear I was a Kerryman!!

noeldoc Guest

So here it is, Video of New NPS Track,Round 5 Killarney
    https://vimeo.com/43063364
    Enjoy!!

PS. Almost forgot, a massive thank you to our underage Kids for putting this together.The future is bright
    Last edited by noeldoc; 30-05-12 at 09:09 AM.

noeldoc Guest

"[Often in SA when we did races in far off places there was a "pasta evening" etc put on by the local sports club/ rotary club which raised a few funds but served to draw the riders together and get a "buzz" going the night before, likely too late to for this event but a thought for the clubs further afield, and one time, at band camp.......[/QUOTE]" From Garykid

Never too late ! ,With their compliments, leading Killarney Restaraunt " CHAPTER FORTY" have kindly offered to provide a pasta supper for all MTB"r at the venue sat evening.Comprising of 2 seperate Pasta dishes,garlic bread,Salad & Baked Potato.An Oige hostel have given permission to use their Canteen to dish it out.I have suggested 7pm as a good time and should be enough to cater for Fifty people and is available regardless whwther you are a Hostel resident or not.The wine /beer you will have to sort yourselves.NOW DONT!!" leave me hanging like a tool with all this grub there sat eve.Can I assume there is demand for this????
    Last edited by noeldoc; 30-05-12 at 11:01 PM.

thats brilliant Noel..come on now people, get this on to the other club forums..everywhere..