Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Irish XC NPS Rnd 2

how do you do that then ? thats a very handy way of getting around the Credit card hoola hoop , i totally agree though, you should be able to sign on , on the day, online with no penalty. For 20 years we all raced without this feckin nonsense. Why make it difficult is beyond me !

You select "funding source" in your paypal account and set to your bank account or debit card, now i'm not sure if they accept laser card, but certainly Visa Debit cards(ATM Cards)

The Chuooochlainnaneannannn lads are sound, I doubt there's a pay on the day penalty... just register your name first to make it easier for them...
    Less Traction = More Action

Quote Originally Posted by OZ View Post
    The Chuooochlainnaneannannn lads are sound, I doubt there's a pay on the day penalty... just register your name first to make it easier for them...
    Yep have to agree there with Oz, but sure if they do charge you Oz will pay it, he is loaded, off to GC again instead of bogland racing.

Signed up, my first nps....I think.... certainly first race at this course, hear it's great.

According to Cycling Ireland's 2011 AGM it was voted on, not to charge riders a penalty for signing up on the day. Where an event is pre-reg only, the club can prevent on-the-day sign ons.

So I'm all for the pre-registration to help the organisers, but why the extra 5Euro?

yeah thats right !

GarySheils Guest

Register online and select pay on the day option if its available. Its more important to have the names logged in the system for the timing company. I will be on the registration desk on race day as well, to help with any problems.
    And i wont be hitting people with penalities either, just four fingers and a thumb.
    The penalty is mentioned on the ~CI site to encourage & scare people into registering online, and if they are looking at the CI web site then they have a computer.!

I would assume the whole idea for registering online, would be to reduce cash transactions on the day and more importantly all the names collected through the cycling ireland registration portal will be sent and downloaded into the race timing companies software, for the race. This would stream-lines data collection for the computer timing set up on Race day.
    i will have a table for each category at the sign-on tent , to fast track sign-on and issuing of bike number plates so you guys can make the most of practice time, with less time Queuing.

Looking forward to seeing you at the race

Gary

Thanks for the reply Gary looking forward to this

Nice one Gary, don't miss this one, guys !