Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPIC MTB - Tapatalk - Mobile App

Default EPIC MTB - Tapatalk - Mobile App

This was requested a while back by someone and after I looked into it I think it was worth the tiny effort it takes to set up.

Here is what the people at tapatalk say

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin. Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply: Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Before people start giving out this app cost to download but can be used on many many forums including MAD and most large forum sites, its 3rd Party so I have no control if you have issues with it but will offer help if I can.

I have used it so far on Windows Phone / Android and iPhone and have been surprised in how good it is and how fast it works. 3 well spent given how well it works and makes browsing the forum on your smart phone very easy.

Anyway I will add some more info as and when people ask questions.
    All Admin forum related issues, please PM me.
    EPICMTB

Works great!

Not working for me... Tapatalk could do with giving some basic instructions for technical xenophobes with iphones like myself. I can't find Epic on this, I've tried searching under Epic, EpicMTB, http://forum.epicmtb.com/forums and loads of other variations... any suggestions? Should I see Epic be listed under Network?

I could not find it the other day ether but tryed it agen now and it was there

Guys if you search for EPIC mtb it should be there

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

I'm using it now on I phone it's good

OK thanks Adrian, must be case sensitive or something, I'm sure I tried that. All working fine now.

Good stuff Ado it must be case sensitive.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

What's the benefit compared to the browser version ?

10. Default

Terry,

Lots of people have their own preferences but from the reading up I have done on peoples reasons it seems to be that they like how it integrates the forum into the phones OS / UI.

Also it is faster if you are accessing over slower cell network and somewhat more efficient if tracking conversation.

That said I'm still 50/50 as to if I will use it all of the time but for now I'm sold. I mainly use a Nokia Lumia 800 which is a windows phone and really like how it works.

Im sure the others on iPhone / Android will let you know what they like.

Adrian
    All Admin forum related issues, please PM me.
    EPICMTB