Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic MTB Website Upgrade & Maintenance

if i click on the forums TAB at the top i get an error!
    if i click on the HOME TAB at the top, and then click on the left hand "forum" i gain access. so try that to see if it works for the moment smithers

2. Default

Guys who are having issues with the forums tab to access the forums I have checked and re checked the links were they point to and are correct and working right for me on the admin account and on my personal account across all browsers.

Cab you do me a favour and while holding the cursor (the thing you move with your mouse) over the forum tab (blue arrow) look to the bottom left of the screen and see the little pop up that tells you where the link goes. (green circle)

This should be more of less the same for any of the latest versions of Firefox / Chrome/ Internet Explorer, Safari is a bit different but I'm going to guess you are not using that.

If the URL shown up in the pop up is not

Code:
    http://www.forum.epicmtb.com/forums/
    let me know, if you are getting an numbered error message like 404, 500 take a note of it and let me know what it is.

If you are using any older browser you might update it or clear your history / cahce.

If you can give me as much information about why browser and version you are using I will be able to help you better.

A
    All Admin forum related issues, please PM me.
    EPICMTB

tabs are working for me on my laptop at home and this machine here. There used to be little icons under the forum name thing,,now it just says "default" !

im on a mac using both safari and firefox
    and neither of the tabs work on them
    here's the firefox message
    Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at www.forum.epicmtb.com.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
    * Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

heres the safari one
    Safari can’t open the page “http://www.forum.epicmtb.com/forums/” because Safari can’t find the server “www.forum.epicmtb.com”.

hope that helps you

DNS prefetching

In Firefox 3.5 and above, DNS prefetching is performed to resolve domain names to IP addresses while loading web pages. If a page includes links, images, or other content from different domains, multiple DNS requests will be made at once. This may break the DNS forwarder in several different routers and you may see "Server not found" errors for many websites.

To disable DNS prefetching, create a new boolean preference named network.dns.disablePrefetch in about:config and set it to true, as follows:
    1. Type about:config in the address bar, press Enter.
    2. Context click (right-click) in the preferences list and select "New -> Boolean".
    3. Type or paste in the preference name network.dns.disablePrefetch and click OK.
    4. Select true as the value and click OK.

If this doesn't help you can re-enable DNS prefetching by resetting the preference to "false" (double-click to toggle).

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Byrner View Post
    tabs are working for me on my laptop at home and this machine here. There used to be little icons under the forum name thing,,now it just says "default" !

Fixed.

I'm still trying to figure out why others are having issues with the forum tab, I have 3 machines here and can't replicate the issue. Have you all tried updating your browser or clearing your cache / cookies?

Graham great catch!

A
    All Admin forum related issues, please PM me.
    EPICMTB

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I have 3 machines here and can't replicate the issue. Have you all tried updating your browser or clearing your cache / cookies?
    Is that because they are all proper machines with Windows and IE there Adrian? :)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GH90'sMTB'er View Post
    Is that because they are all proper machines with Windows and IE there Adrian? :)

Ha ha ha not likely!

Running W8, OS X Lion, Ubuntu 11.04 , while there is IE on the Windows machine I think Ive only ever used it for testing. Im a FF with Firebug man all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcnipples View Post
    if i click on the forums TAB at the top i get an error!
    if i click on the HOME TAB at the top, and then click on the left hand "forum" i gain access. so try that to see if it works for the moment smithers
    Yep that works for me, Nice one Nipples and Admin of course

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Ha ha ha not likely!

Running W8, OS X Lion, Ubuntu 11.04 , while there is IE on the Windows machine I think Ive only ever used it for testing. Im a FF with Firebug man all the way.
    Thought not

Have you tried Waterfox? Supposed to be an improvement on Firebug/Safari?