Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Epic MTB Website Upgrade & Maintenance

Time for a strongly worded brick through Vodafones HQ window.
    Zoop de jour.

DaveS Guest

Yup, I've had loads of problems because of Vodafone too but works fine when using the phones 3G. Vodafone are useless for more than just Nameserver related problems:

And the real speed as actually a lot lower as it just ramped up at the end of the test.

Quote Originally Posted by llandai View Post
    Not Found

The requested URL /nonexistent/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at parking.blacknight.com Port 80

Android phone, vodafone, browser... ive tried firefox, opera, dolphin, xscope, maxthon, boat... should i go on!!! Gone way over my data limit trying to find a feckin browser that'll work properly!!

Hey,

I know this isnt much use to you but it seems to be the Vodafone 3G is fine but if accessing via Vodafone broadband on LAN or wifi there are still NameServer issues.

I have however experienced odd NS issues while on Vodafone 3G

At the moment there is very little I can do about it. This afternoon I was on to Vodafone again and was told.

Hi Adrian, I'm in discussion with the ISP team and Bind/NS & they're in the process of testing a DNS upgrade
    Im not sure how much lip service that is, but if its not sorted by tomorrow I will be sending a strongly worded brick through the front door of offices in Sandyford tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry I cant be of more help

Adrian

An update on this, Blacknight Solutions Ireland's largest domain registrar and hosting provider have just got onto Vodafone on our behalf so I can see thins being sorted very quickly. Again sorry for the hassle with all of this.
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Well whether it was the might of Blacknight, your colorful emails or the threat of airborne brickwork she's woking at last!

Well done lads.
    Zoop de jour.

are you any use at fixing Coilltes anti Mountainbiker stance or the Offroad Commissions total apathy ? Now that would be a result and a half !

Quote Originally Posted by Byrner View Post
    are you any use at fixing Coilltes anti Mountainbiker stance or the Offroad Commissions total apathy ? Now that would be a result and a half !
    Richie I'm nit sure even my jack of all trades skills extend to that!

I'd say if we stop fighting amongst ourselves as a sport and people stop suing Coillte for falling off their bikes even though it's their own fault.

That would be a good start.

7. Default

Finally!!! Looks like Vodafone have got their asses in gear. Everythings finally working properly on my phone..
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli..

Nice, if you have any other site / forum related tech issues let us know

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express