Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NPS Round 3!

Default NPS Round 3!

Definately worth a thread of it's own!
    Another fantastic day for the EPIC lads and lassies! Alfie finished 3rd in S1! 3rd in the highest class in the country - fantastic result Alf! And in S2 we filled every place on the podium - Micky won, Oz was second and Colm 3rd!! Micky looked even more pleased than after his 12 minute lap on Thursday!
    Caroline won her race and Orla finished 3rd in a much more competitive race than usual!
    Terry went really well and I think Llandai finished well up too?
    All in all a brilliant day out - fantatic course and the sun was shining!
    Personally I was terrible but some thinks never change!!

Great venue and a good race course, the loop maybe a bit too long but otherwise perfect.
    Well done to all Epic riders who got top places, I heard there were many but not sure who came where.
    My race started excellent I I thought it would end up the same but a broken chain eliminated me from racing for the top spots, it was more like a club race for me starting last and having to work my way back to my group. I lost a heap of time fixing the poxy chain so I never saw any S1 again, or the top S2. At least I finished, I wasn't going to give up!

Also wanted to thank Alfie and Caroline for looking after me after I finished. I had an off on the rock garden on the last lap and I don't think I was fully conscious when I finished...

That brings another subject, I've already spoken to Carn Wheelers guys but in case any other race organisers are reading this - please make sure that ALL riders have finished the race before you call off all the marshal points. There was only tumbleweed rolling around on my last lap and if I had gone unconscious after that crash no one would've ever found me...
    Last edited by Max Power; 01-05-11 at 08:39 PM.
    The man who's name you'd love to touch

they'd have found you alright..they would have been taking down the tape but you are dead right about the marshalls..
    great race, great organisation, great results, fantastic course, great food and fantastic results from EPICmtb
    Mick, Oz and Colm ..1 2 3 in Snr 2
    Alfie 3rd Senior 1
    Damo 6th senior 1
    Caroline 1st senior 3 ladies and her best race, very composed and pro !
    orla 3rd in Senior one babes !!
    Rob Deegan first under 16
    I don't know where Cian finished but i'd say it was high up..
    4th Senior 3 for terry..robbed by 3 bangers !
    5th Senior 1 for Oisin and 4th Senior 2 For Fergal, my favourite Honorary EPIC members..
    great Comeback from James McCluskey to finish 4th in Senior 1.
    I don't know where Johnny Richardson came but ..Micky went from 10thish to 1st over 3 laps..absolutely brilliant race for him..
    Well done to Barry and Co for a brilliant race but..
    Brown envelope trophies..lads thats no good !!!
    but thats a minor issue !! and one of my long time pet hates !!!!

barry_kellett99 Guest

Here - I wasn't pretending to be Oisin, who ever he is.

Wow, incredible results! Well done everybody. Alfie has hit some form, if there is one club that shows that age and debauched living do not hold you back its EPIC!
    Zoop de jour.

Posted in other topic,moving it to here.............

That was a hard but good race today.Colm and me started at the back of the S 2's on the startline.3 mins later I went over the handle bars,in front of Colm!!At least he asked me was I ok!!LOL 1st lap didnt feel great,people were pulling away from me on the fireroads,which is where Im supposed to be good!!But with advice given to me from John Doris at Gorey last week,"dont panic" ringing in my head I kept going.On lap 3 Richie told me I was top 5,I didnt believe him,as I dont remember passing lots of riders.Then both Smithers and The Greg told me I was 5th,so I was happy with that!Then to my surprise I pass Fergal,then pass Colm and with half a lap to go Im on Oz's back wheel.Followed him for about a minute up the steep fireroad,and nipped past just before the single track.Kept the head down and crossed the line.Wasnt even sure Id won,as the lad with the chequered flag had it rolled up and was leaning on the barriers!!!It was actually Caroline who told me I'd won.I was both happy and shocked!!Thanks to everyone who shook my hand and offered congratulations to me.
    And a very well done to all the other Epic riders,the club got loads of podiums and top finishes.
    Off for a beer soon,thanks,Micky

Quote Originally Posted by barry_kellett99 View Post
    Here - I wasn't pretending to be Oisin, who ever he is.
    fair play..I must have missed you in there ..I didn't see you cross the line behind James Mccluskey !

J_MCall Guest

What a superb event. The course was really excellent. There was some great racinfglg today, alfi 3rd and micky 1st s2, wow. A real credit to carn wheelers, we will be back.

9. Default

Fair play to you Mickkky, great result. Iv no idea where you came from as I didnt see anyone behind me on the last lap til the loose singletrack clime, and then, you're on my wheel. Well done to all the EPIC riders, tough aul race but great racing all the same.
    Less Traction = More Action

Quote Originally Posted by Mickkky View Post
    Posted in other topic,moving it to here.............

That was a hard but good race today.Colm and me started at the back of the S 2's on the startline.3 mins later I went over the handle bars,in front of Colm!!At least he asked me was I ok!!LOL 1st lap didnt feel great,people were pulling away from me on the fireroads,which is where Im supposed to be good!!But with advice given to me from John Doris at Gorey last week,"dont panic" ringing in my head I kept going.On lap 3 Richie told me I was top 5,I didnt believe him,as I dont remember passing lots of riders.Then both Smithers and The Greg told me I was 5th,so I was happy with that!Then to my surprise I pass Fergal,then pass Colm and with half a lap to go Im on Oz's back wheel.Followed him for about a minute up the steep fireroad,and nipped past just before the single track.Kept the head down and crossed the line.Wasnt even sure Id won,as the lad with the chequered flag had it rolled up and was leaning on the barriers!!!It was actually Caroline who told me I'd won.I was both happy and shocked!!Thanks to everyone who shook my hand and offered congratulations to me.
    And a very well done to all the other Epic riders,the club got loads of podiums and top finishes.
    Off for a beer soon,thanks,Micky
    first of all , i told you , that you would win and second of all why would I lie to you ?