Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XC NPS 2011 Rnd. 1 preview

1. Default XC NPS 2011 Rnd. 1 preview

Cuchulainn CC is proud to host NPS round one for 2011 on April the 3rd in the historic and scenic grounds of Bellurgan Park, Co. Louth (click for map).
    This event is also Round 2 of the Leinster League. Cuchulainn are all looking forward to seeing racers riding in the ability based groups and head to head racing and their members have grafted all winter to forge a course that will test the best yet is rideable by all.

!!! Please note that registration and payment is exclusively online for this race !!
    Click the button below to register online.

We are confident that you’ll find the system convenient and easy to use. For the race organisers, the big bonus is that it will reduce admin effort and eliminate the need to handle any cash on race day and will also mean that riders will have their race numbers pre-allocated. You can also pay for your One Day Licences online by using the online registration utility.

Online registration will close at 8pm on Friday 1st April so ensure to register in good time!

Schedule:
    The race lap count and start times are is per the agreed/standardised criteria for 2011 & future XC events as follows:
    Standardised lap count
    Standardised start times
    Racers with good technical skills will be rewarded due to the inclusion of two technical sections diverting from the main course.The first one is a drop and the second is a gap jump both doable on an XC bike. They are done completely at the personal risk of the rider, but there is an alternate/easy line available for both features so riders can decide which their preferred option is according to their skill level.
    The course will be open for practice from 10am to 1pm on Saturday the 2nd and because of the technical sections it is highly advised.
    Special attention has been given this year to courses that are specific for the younger riders. New for 2011 there are separate categories for girls in all age groups.
    Facilities
    • Car parking is in a flat field with toilet facilities.
    • The start line is adjacent to the car park.
    • There are some great spectator spots that are accessible for young families.
    • There will be a bouncy castle provided free of charge

More...

has anybody got a loan of a credit card I can use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrner View Post
    I had ...... until yesterday!

Like most epic members mine is currently cut in two awaiting a new one
    >:(

thats the funny thing..there must be a heap of MTBers now who have had their card taken. Maybe CRC should sponsor the NPS and make it free entry.
    This online payment only is a completely stupid idea. Especially in the current climate.

Entered, I better do better in this race or I'm giving up!! I also better send more money to my pay pal as it takes 10days to top it up I think its empty now, if this online payment thing keeps up!

Actually I'm looking forward to this one too! Like Smithers says I can't be any worse than last week! It will be a great course as long as it stays reasonably dry. It's only an hour from the M50 too.

8. Default

I hope they've picked up all the shale from the course that caused all the broken mechs last year!!!
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli..

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Byrner View Post
    If you are actually stuck, let me know. I can still use mine.

What time does sign on close at?