Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CRC Card Fraud

RichardT Guest

I'm just concerned as I was using a visa debit card, Instead of a credit card...

Celticdavey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RichardT View Post
    I'm just concerned as I was using a visa debit card, Instead of a credit card...
    Once it's fraud its covered. We got stung on the other half's debit a couple of months ago (wonder was she getting me something on CRC? Roll on the birthday;D) got it sorted within two days no arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardT View Post
    CRC are not denying it
    Glad to hear it.
    Zoop de jour.

dom1 Guest

Wink Credit Card Fraud

Just to let everyone know, in the past two weeks my wife and I had issues with credit card fraud which is currently being reviewed by the Bank fraud department.

The bank we are with is Bank of Ireland (Mastercard account specific). My wife had 1200 Euro withdrawn in one transaction. As for myself I noted while checking my online transations today (18-March) on Bank of Ireland online banking (356) from Wednesday 16-March through to Friday 18-March, three withdrawls where made to the total sum of 5196.84 euro.

So I call Bank of Ireland and they metioned that my account had been flagged on Friday 18-March. So it's goes to the fraud department for review...awaiting response.

Two of the three transactions where GB based stores and the third was a USA based store. Names that did not add up (letters and numbers etc)

So I just wanted to make everyone aware since it seems to be getting very common.

All I know is Christmas and Birthday presents will never be the same since we both used the likes of CRC buying vouchers etc, not saying it was connected to them just means online shopping will be managed better by us. Looks like the local store will do better which is better for the economy so there's a positive!

Sent them an email asking whats going on (twice). Ignoring me and I presume lots of others..Bought stuff in the past number of weeks, checking my visa acc daily:mad:

clo Guest

My bank contated me yesterday and told me that they were cancelling my credit card as they had been informed that one of the companies I had a transaction with recently had information stolen from their data base. They checked all my transactions, my card had not been used by anyone else but myself but they cancelled the card 'just in case'.

I am presuming that this is because I had a transaction recently with chain reaction - although they couldn't tell me which company it was.

Paypal kiddies, I know its a pain in the hoop to set up but no credit card details are passed through the net.
    Its also completely seperate to your bank account.

8. Default

I have to laugh at what to do here. Right in the middle of all this CRC fraud, my Paypal got scammed. All sorted now, but it goes to show, you're not safe anywhere!
    I need to try get a Full Face before DH1 on Sunday, so I might just go with CRC and watch the Internet Banking often for a few weeks.

just got hit for 920 someone tried to buy a laptop in the uk! Fair play to the bank they flagged it straight away, thought i was safe last purchased somethin nearly a month ago it seems everyone got hit the same week but they are being clever and waiting.I,ve lost all confidence in crc now eurocycles is where my hard earned cash will be going in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppo View Post
    I need to try get a Full Face before DH1 on Sunday, so I might just go with CRC and watch the Internet Banking often for a few weeks.
    Stay offline Hoppo, a bit of imagination and you'll be OK for that DH .

Zoop de jour.