PDA

View Full Version : Turning Ė inside or outside leg out?

Don
12-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I had a sexy wipe out on an fast, icy fast turn on Sunday, I had the inside leg clipped out for balance but I had no chance. One of the lads I was with suggested that I had the wrong leg out, that I should have had the OUTSIDE leg out and forward. Now Iíve heard some crazy **** in my time and we dutifully mocked and derided this person for his crazy ideas. But he was told this by Mike in Switchbacks so I am left uncertain, now I know Mike is partial to certain mind addling substances but surely he canít be right, what is going on? I'll be damned if I'm putting my outside leg out, it will look ridiculous apart from anything else.

So whatís the story, fast turns, inside or outside leg out, which one and why?

Byrner
12-09-2008, 11:14 AM
am I in Hell ? What the fcuk is going on with you people ?

SHAM
12-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Don I really hope you are just taking the piss and trying to start one of your epic threads.

GavD
12-09-2008, 11:22 AM
I usually put the outside leg in and the inside leg out then i shake them all about but then I end up doing the hokey cokey and turning around, whats that all about?

Don
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Don I really hope you are just taking the piss and trying to start one of your epic threads.

Would I do such a thing? I'm going to try Gavs technique, that sounds good.

Fat Fecker
12-09-2008, 01:21 PM
keep both out, but make sure you stay off the saddle.

Byrner
12-09-2008, 01:32 PM
thats crazy talk Stewie..one hand on the saddle at least !!

cummins
12-09-2008, 01:43 PM
the inside hand should be off,pointing to were you want to go,,with one finger out

Byrner
12-09-2008, 01:45 PM
where do you point your toes then..?

Cathal
12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Between the cold, the knocks to the head and stories of Hugh Heffner's birthday party, head the ball was clearly delusional by the time he started spouting this out.

At the bottom, on a flat bit of tarmac, his demonstration of the technique was so sketchy looking I though he was going to face plant there and then.

The man's a menace and a legend.

Don
12-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Just in case you are wondering, I'm keeping his name to myself. ;)

gregc
12-09-2008, 03:19 PM
i think boh feet off, sitting down and give the ground infront of you a crazy stare to scare ot away, preferably in a race run when your crank falls off, like so....