PDA

View Full Version : Rd2 of the winter Club DH league 14th Dec.

adamt
12-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Right following on from the last one I'm going to have Rd2 of the winter club DH league on Sunday 14th December, It's still two weeks away but it can give you time to get your permission to come out racing for the day. I'm going to have it in Cloon again but might change the course it's to be decided. First runs will start at 12.00 SHARP and you need to be signed up by 11.00 and practice all you want up until about 11.30. I'm going to be using the same satellite timing system as last time so it has to start on time. Second runs start times will be decided on the day. Again this is for anyone interested in a bit of downhill racing even if it's your first time racing downhill who know you may just enjoy it. New members welcome.

GavD
12-01-2008, 12:43 PM
sounds good. I fill out my permission slip in triplicate and send it off for approval. Hope to have it back in time. Hopefully I've filled the forms in correctly as this is what happened to me the last time I forgot to dot all of the I's.
:)

http://www.epicmtb.com/images/30112008.jpg

al
12-01-2008, 12:45 PM
is that why the cops have sealed off the jumps in st anns

GavD
12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah. I told them I was attacked by this someone called gar avity. they went straight over to dust for prints. I told them he got una too. Lets hope they catch the fooker

nat
12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
good stuff Adam.... looking forward to it.

adamt
12-02-2008, 07:53 AM
That’s a beauty Gav St. Anns can be a very unforgiving place…...Hopefully they get that Gar Avity fella I've had a few run-ins with him myself and I've never won.

Mark_T
12-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Gav tried to get a head start before the gards caught him.. Apparently over the weekend he was trying to bury himself underground using the might, strength and power of his upper lip... following a tip off, the bill and are looking for him now...

Never mind the disappearance of Shergar the mystery which will haunt Haratio in his sleep will be the location where Gav buried himself!

cummins
12-04-2008, 04:40 PM
yo adam,,you can put me down for the timing/ abuse,,all going well i should be walking by sunday,, ;)

adamt
12-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Nice one Paul I'll give you shout next week to see what the craic is.

rex
12-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Can you PM me directions to the course please?

adamt
12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Right all, just a reminder about the club Dh race this sunday. As already stated you have to sign up with me no later than 11.00 and be at the top for 12.00 when first runs are off. If you miss your start time tuff. I'm missing a few numbers from the last race so if you have them give back to me on sunday. See you all then. Adam.

Byrner
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
what time does this be over at..I was going to drop in after my spin ?

adamt
12-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Well we had 17 racing at the last one and the two runs were finished by 1.30 so probably in or around that.

rex
12-12-2008, 11:45 PM
quick question. i wasnt able to get my full sus ready in time for Sunday and i am wondeing is it madness to attempt this afteronly three weeks back after a 8 year pause on mountain bikes on a hardtail?

GavD
12-13-2008, 09:30 AM
a hardtail will be fine. both tracks are fine for them. besides its all about the craic :)

nat
12-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Good stuff dudes... was a great today despite the freezing not so nice weather!!!

Thanx again to Adam and Paul for all the efforts in chasing us down the mountain once again!!! Satellite timing worked fab too.

Everyone trying their best of course with the hope of winning that tinker -bra-trophy :-)

Thanks again & roll on the next one!

gavogavin
12-14-2008, 05:30 PM
cheers lads geat craic,track was great fun and you bearly had to pedal !

Mark_T
12-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Deadly race today, Big thanks to the two human icicles who still managed to keep the world on its axis and the timing spot on. Great to see so many people out again.

Nice one lads

Signed,
Al's bike.

karlos
12-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Great craic as usual.Colins track riding great.Thanks Adam and Paul hope you stayed warm .When i got home i found out i shouldent hav been out on bike today as i had a roaring temperature and fell into bed.Well done to all that made the effort today.

ColinB
12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, cheers to Adam and Paul, we were well looked after, it was 0.6 degrees centigrade at the start of my first run and 0.9 degrees at the start of my second, you don't get that sort of info at world cups....

al
12-14-2008, 10:48 PM
cheers adam and paul for the timing. Never lending mark my bike again. Ment I've no excuses. Good turn out and a good bit of craic was a had. Props to Tim, Graham and all the other DH Newbies out giving it socks and finding out theres nothing quite as honest as the stop watch. It gets easier with a bit of time and practise. Roll on the winter league

cummins
12-15-2008, 08:34 AM
no problem lads the ****ing enjoyment i get out of shouting at yous to bleedn go is great,,hill walking is dangerous i still managed to dislocate my shoulder,
,,its great to make people more nervous at the top then they all ready are,,god alot of people were taking it very seriously,,death eyes all around the place,,bring on the national winter league,,

GavD
12-15-2008, 08:47 AM
yeah cheers lads. was great craic. the abuse at the top was deadly shame about the fupping cold! Fair to both of ya

diamondG
12-15-2008, 10:07 AM
nice one lads, that was a class day out!!
first DH race and I'm hooked!
did two more runs afterwards, its great trying to shave those seconds off and trying recommended lines
Roll on the winter league!

MadMike
12-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks for that lads, had great day. And im sure ye are glad that a Mad rider had the slowest time of the day,i had serious problems with the whole staying on the bike concept :) Fair play to the two boys for doing the timing, it was cold up there