PDA

View Full Version : Inches Really do Matter

skippy
11-28-2008, 08:18 AM
I never really believed that size matters...but I was over in Djouce last night with an extra 3inch over the normal 4inch and it was savage...Motoring down Alans trail was just deadly..she was swallowing ground like our Oz in a cyclotoss race...Have not had as much fun in ages...Jazaz those big bikes are just deadly...

Dethshed
11-28-2008, 08:53 AM
3 above the normal 4 = 7 inches !!!

an inch over the average eh?
wait til The League of Lonely Djouce Housewives hear about this extra inch....you'll be praying for the sheep to return to your garden after they're finished with you....

afgan
11-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I know how you feel skippy, I got myself a lone of another 2 inches, Even though I was more than satisfied with what I had, Now I am able to go faster and harder with out the pain.

afgan
11-28-2008, 10:39 AM
This is what i got
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCExperience.jsp?eid=2

Bren
11-28-2008, 11:05 AM
I'd say it was more to do with the geometry of the bike than the travel. That Alan's trail isn't that lumpy but it sure is steep and slipery as **** when wet.
My hat is off to anybody who does it on an XC bike it's fairly hardcore XC riding
The shorter stems on the long travel bikes make it easier to get further back on them too.

skippy
11-28-2008, 02:07 PM
You could have a point Bren...But when your use to only 80mm carbon hardtail without quick release saddle the travel makes a huge difference i can assure you...down the bottom where the rocks are hidden in the deep leave can be slightly testing at speed with only 80mm and no rear travel...ever hear carbon creek?? its just doesnt sound right.. Looking forward to more suitable ground for testing over the weekend...

Nice bike Rory...I have a Morewood Demo on loan from Al a real nice machine for tricking around...

karlos
11-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Easy on Skip,dont be shoutin bout extra inches in Deadwood youl have me out of job,Normal travel works fine dont it.

Bren
11-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Mental note don't by a carbon hardtail from Skippy