PDA

View Full Version : Four days and counting.... SSIE08

ollietrex
10-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Yep four days and counting until the first single speed national championships in Ireland.... The people of Kearney Cycles (www.kearneycycles.com) in Galway have been kind enough to sponsor the event so it means bigger and better prizes and more tea and sandwiches in the pub after.

http://www.lostwithlife.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/singlespeedchamps_big.jpg

Check out www.singlespeedireland.com for more information

Some people have asked if they can tape up there gear leavers etc... so basically if you have no gear shifters on the bike and no way of changing the gear if you have a normal cassette or chain rings we will allow you to enter.

Byrner
10-15-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't resist this..I have no interest in single speed bikes, personally I think its a stupid idea, i've had a go and unless you are a monster savage you are limiting yourself..but jeesus, why would you let some plank with taped up shifters enter...if you are going to indulge in a dumbass fringe freaky leaky sport, at least be fookin anal about what it is..
whats next the all ireland saddleless championship..if I promise not to sit down ,can I enter..
and how dare you come on here and try to sex it up with a fancy poster..only days to go ..to what ? a bunch of wispy chinned clipes bating around a mucky forest..
can somebody tell me the advantage of single speed bikes..becaus I sure as **** don't get it..
and why if I'm so strong ,with guns of steel, that I can't always open a jar of jam..
discuss !!

Byrner
10-15-2008, 01:09 PM
as Morgan would say
"There are no winners in a singlespeed race. Only losers." nice one Morgo, you're a legend..

Don
10-15-2008, 01:15 PM
What about blindfolded DH singlespeed, taped up shifters and brakes with no chain, like Al advocates, now that be slightly more interesting.

afgan
10-15-2008, 01:17 PM
What about the free wheel racing we used to do in the 90's, I was doing well at that cause I was carrying more kg's that the rest of the race, When are those champs happening ?

Byrner
10-15-2008, 01:21 PM
They are all on next year as part of the Blast..a weekend of racing..
On the saturday there will be chainless,wheelless , brainless, mindles racing followed by drinking, smoking and running around in the nip racing..
and any other racing without bits you miht like..if i tape up my nethers and go at an individual of same or opposite sexualness..then is it sex or is it something entirely different and is it adultery..?

Morgan
10-15-2008, 01:42 PM
can somebody tell me the advantage of single speed bikes..becaus I sure as **** don't get it..

Well, without shifters theres more room on your handlebars. For bells and stuff.
Your chain doesn't slap about on the downhills so you can get super-stoked.
Less nooks and crannies to scrape mud out of in the winter.

Can't think of anything else :confused:

as Morgan would say
"There are no winners in a singlespeed race. Only losers." nice one Morgo, you're a legend..

Here, are you hanging out at the "nice and friendly" forum again?

Byrner
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Lurking is the term, I have decided that if certain people are going to lurk on this forum collecting evidence against me, then i'm going to do the same on your forum, collecting evidence against you, seing as you can't decide if you are either a nice guy or a really nice guy..you could do so much if you were just one or the other !!

Fat Fecker
10-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm reporting you for spying....

Byrner
10-15-2008, 06:07 PM
do I look liike I care, however, look out your Kitchen window..you can see the imprint of my nakedness in the wet grass..

Fat Fecker
10-15-2008, 07:14 PM
the doors open, come on in, leave your naked imprint on my kitchen floor....

Byrner
10-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Sorry I had to teleport home..I left the immersion on..