PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Tracks in Dirt Magazine

viclucas
10-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey folks, anybody got a cool backyard track? We're looking for some to go into Dirt Magazine. Like the little stories we did on OBrien's Shamrocker and The Wolfes playpen. It can be dirtjumps, pumptrack, dh, whatever. As long as you built it, and it's more than just a brick and a pallet jump. Let me know.

victor [at] freezefocus.com

cheers

HansRey
10-08-2008, 09:01 PM
try 'hone' on irishdh, looks like he may have been doing some major work in his local park...

gregc
10-08-2008, 09:58 PM
i'm in the middle of building a pump track in my back garden, i'll let you know when it's finnished and see what you think.

viclucas
10-09-2008, 08:41 AM
sounds good...keep digging and let me know!

Byrner
10-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I assume that this is for a backyard track..not a public park track or the side of a mountain track ?

sloth
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
"hone", didn't build any of the stuff in St. Annes, It was mostly built by a guy called stephen a bmxer, also some foreigners built some stuff too, brazilian guy and czech guys its all really steep BMX dirt jump stuff. Nothing there for dhers , unless you are a really expert dirt jumper.

viclucas
10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Ideally it would be in your backyard or at the least on some bit of land close to your house. But if it's really good to ride, and for photos, then it might be good for some other story in the mag!

Don
10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
"hone", didn't build any of the stuff in St. Annes, It was mostly built by a guy called stephen

Aahah! Now I have a name a can file my St Annes injury lawsuit against him, I'll be citing the case of "Tongue V Eppiglotus" as my precedent.

Basil Fawlty
10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Vic talk to Seanan O'Riordan.

viclucas
10-10-2008, 08:29 AM
thanks for the info...Seanan if you're out there, give us a bell on 086 8328385

al
10-10-2008, 08:40 AM
you'll probably find sennan here http://flow-racing.com

Fat Fecker
10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
I have 100 ton of dirt landing in my garden over the next two days. I plan to try to carve out a set of jumps/berms. give me a couple of weeks... problem is, I doubt i'd be able to ride them.

The_Happy_Fairy
10-16-2008, 08:17 PM
As long as it's more than just a brick and a pallet.

And what the hell is wrong with a brick and a pallet? Some of the best jumps ever made were made with a brick and a pallet. Do think you are all deadly with your deadly photos? With your deadly camera and your deadly umbrella? Think you are better than us with our bricks and our pallets?

I wrote a letter to Dirt about you and you contempt for pallets, it was a stern letter, but they wouldn't print it. Its a fascist pallet hating conspiracy.

viclucas
10-16-2008, 08:51 PM
well Fairy you're absolutely right. We all know that bricks and pallets are best, and there's absolutely no need for any bikes more high-tech than a Raleigh Grifter either. That's what my dad said when I was 7. 'sure it's a grand bike, you'll grow into it. and don't wear the tyres out with skids either'.

But with the country on it's knees financially and the building industry in ruins, no one can afford a brick or a pallet now. The cut backs have hit hard. So we have to make do with rocks and muddy hills instead. I hear Ded Bull are launching a new series of high profile 'back to basics' events - the first one is next sunday on the sugarloaf.

Byrner
10-16-2008, 08:55 PM
wait a minute...
just hold on a minute..
don't start turning the antics of a bunch of mad people following an even madder person into dollars Mr Photojourno..
Unless you can find away for me to go 3 rounds with Pammy Anderson..

Byrner
10-16-2008, 08:56 PM
ps i like the way you said Ded Bull...

The_Happy_Fairy
10-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Well mr. Lucus maxideadlius, where were you when we needed ya?, were were you when we were redefining 'cool' in the muc of wickla. When we were covered in ****e with the lung pain and the blurred vision and the snot. When we needed the dealy Victor Phocus to make us look deadly? You were off, off with the deadly people, off in the deadly places, with the deadly umbrella and the naked virgins and the bling and the glitzy highlife of the pro deadly world. Our bricks and our pallets weren't good enough then were they. Now you are back, the deadly people have all gone away so here you are trying to turn us into your media huers, exploit us, objectify us, convince us that your version of glossy magazine deadlyness is the way and only photgenic people can be cool. We'll show you real 'cool', cool that has mucus and the look of fear and sheep **** and fat people and ugly people on ****e bikes with sheep on them. We'll show you, just wait and see.

Byrner
10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
jeebus..does anybody know this guy ?