View Full Version : Whitehorse will it be deadlyer than Bree

al
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
probably so who is going

Myself, Mark and honourary member Rory are headin down on saturday

Does anyone need a lift?

GavD
09-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Im heading down but I will wait until the weekend to decide to if I'm going to rest on sat......maybe its time to harden the feck up!!

GavD
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
and I think it will be super savage!!!!!!!!!!

al
09-30-2008, 10:22 PM
defenitly time to harden the feck up you have till january to recover. Its the most gnarly track in the country and has to be ridden.

adamt
10-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Yeah it going to be a savage track I checked it out a few weeks back brand new track it was just cleared so I say it will only get better the more riding it gets. Nice fast, technical, nothing too stupid. Everyone should try get down to this one.

GavD
10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
. Nice fast, technical, nothing too stupid. .

Nothing too stupid eh? wait until I hit the deck while trying to think about where in relation to the wing span of an african swallow my breaking points will be....I show ya stupid :eek:;D???

adamt
10-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh did you not hear Tom and lads put in a new system on this course it's got moving braking points so you never know where they are going to be...........Try work that one out.....

PAULO
10-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, totally, killer, and they have RIDING bumps that are caused by people NOT braking just to make it a bit fairer for people who brake alot...and stuff.

Due to this years college fiscal situation I will not be attending (although the timetable says i can attend tues spins from next week on) so if some 1 could blare techno until the wee hours so the northern posse cant sleep. who remembers that fiasco?

al
10-02-2008, 04:55 PM
don't worry ill organize that

Basil Fawlty
10-02-2008, 09:42 PM
I am heading down as well. Gotta see this track, it sounds class. Though it'd have to be really deadly to be better than Bree.

Also, I want to meet this gumshield character, just to see if he's a gobsh1te in real life as well as on the irishdh forum.

Byrner
10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
hey..i believe its really wet and everybodys crashing...aargghh..

al
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
What a track it was class a reall test of who could ride there bike and defenitly not a pedaling competition like some courses we end up racing. It was super technical and had a few sections that really made you think. That was before the rain started.

Saturday practise was ok but Saturday night saw some heavy rainfall which made things entertaining. Sunday brought loads of sun and winds to dry the track up a load over the course of the day but it wasn't enough. The super off chamber sections which where great to ride became slippy as hell and the technical sections became very hard to ride as your speed and momentum was sapped by the sticky drying mud. It was a very tough but rewarding track.

A few epic podiums Joe and Nat will have to make room in the trophy cabinet with 2 2nd place in Vets and Ladies. Tom Sheridan took the win in Super Vets to take the title overall. Honourary Epicurian Rory Bierne of UCD took top spots in Seniors by a long way with myself managing to get a cleanish run in to take 3rd.

The dangerous duo of Sean and Bruce made for some entertainment with some bold fashion statements, particularly Bruce by sitting on the fence in the flats v clip debate choosing one of each for his second race run. Others that should be mentioned Adam finishing a race and not visiting the first aid people. The hairs are getting faster all the time and Alan go buy that bike loreal says your worth it.

GavD
10-05-2008, 08:55 PM
savage day even with no practice and a face plant. the only part of me not sore now are my flippin ribs hahaha. Really enjoyed the technical track. shouldn't have crashed but that it racing for ya. Well done Al, Joe, Nat and all the Epic heads.
You Mr Nally was 5th in sports.....hes turning into some savage

Basil Fawlty
10-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Up to me old tricks breaking mech hangers again, still this time it saved me from any more runs, I have to say that track got the better of me anyway. The rock gardens were tough but perfectly fair, the slippiness was certainly challenging and even entertaining, but when the entire bike jams up with mud so the wheels won't even turn, that gets a bit much. Someone will have to teach me how to ride side slopes (the term "off camber" doesn't do that fern section justice). Perhaps real tyres are part of the solution. Anyone want to buy a set of Panaracers... anyone? Ah go on just for the laugh.

Nonetheless another very enjoyable DH weekend.

To answer the original question though, Bree was better. It remained fully rideable despite the wet and it flowed much better throughout.

adamt
10-06-2008, 06:43 AM
It was a good weekend but defo one of those races where you had to keep going regardless of how bad your runs was going because everyone else was in the same boat. And I'm am glad to walk way unhurt from another weekends riding (Although the confidents took a bit of a beating) Well done to all for the good results. Now roll on a few weeks of drinking.........

GavD
10-06-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm a bit tender today but have to say the track was great fun. There were sections where people were literally leaning on the track shouting "where are you going gav" I nearly wet myself laughing.

So cheers to everyone for coming down and cheering it really helped to push us all on. Although a certain Mr. Cummins actually made a point of trying to put me off hahaahahaha hope he gots some good photos :)

gregc
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
haha yeah mr. cummins had me laughing aswell, he shouted something along the lines of go on ya f*cking beast.....soon after the foot was out trying to get me going again!
the track was really good and tough, was amazing to ride in the dry and the top bit got nearly unrideable on sunday morning but by second race runs it was ok again!
i don't know what greg o'keeffe was thinking when he built them bombholes but my god were they fun to ride! the rock garden was a bit crazy, especially when you see that colin ross has to try again and again to get through it but luckily the holes got filled with mud on the sunday and it was ok! them off camber bits were unreal aswell, the switchbacks were so much fun and if you stopped thinking for a second you were down the bottom of them picking you're bike up!
the lads from down south always build tough tracks lke dunmanway and always seem to get unlucky with the weather but if the weather stayed good for one of their races people would realise how good the tracks really are, if i remember correctly i was told by a few people on the saturday of dunmanway that it was a world cup standard track and by sunday morning people were going home cause they didnt like it! hopefully next year they'l have a dry race to show off how great the tracks are down there!

Ken
10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
that track was really challenging...It put some perspective on bree. Saturday practice was great, there was available traction once you had spikes but Sunday was a cake-fest, the lower fern off camber section was the ultimate challange to stay vertical. Roll on the winter league.

nat
10-06-2008, 01:22 PM
that was a fab race.. I still think we should have had a podium for "most crashes in one run" and I guess I certainly would have gotten another trophy :-)

Practice on Sat was brilliant... so tough & challenging but rideable. Sunday was defo cake fest...
I never knew that so many people were participating in the new dicipline "cyclo-cross DH" *haha*

It was a fab last NPS race!!! Well done all & thanks to everyone who came along to cheer us on.