PDA

View Full Version : Strange Riders

barry_kellett99
09-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Why would someone ride around trail obstacles, making the trail wider, and cut across corners skipping out 20 yards of trail just to get in front of someone?

If you want past that badly, just ask. Its not like I was going slow. You were keeping up with me, just about.

Manners. Learn some.

Byrner
09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Where was that Barry, and was he wearing an EPIC jersey ?

barry_kellett99
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Ballinastoe, and I couldn't believe it but yea, he was.

Ah I was a bit wound up by it.
If he wanted to ride in straight lines all day he should have went out on a road bike.

I'll say no more cos I sound like a bigger whinger than I already am.

Byrner
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
no, i agree with you..I have a problem with that kind of ignorance myself, can you recall what kind of bike he was on ?

Don
09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Sorry to hear your were being harranged by one of our good members, shame on them. I am intrigued though, where in Ballinastoe can you skip 20 yards to get in front of someone, are you talking about the Coillte track?

Byrner
09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
and I will bet money its the first person I thought of..

barry_kellett99
09-25-2008, 11:19 AM
On the way marked route, its the long section before the real humdinger of a downhill descent.
In the first third there are a couple of big boulders to ride up and over, while rattling over one he cut around the side of it and straight lined a short S bend to get in front, and then later on where the trail goes out and then has a kind of strange slow corner like two 90 degree turns on top of each other (A square shaped hair pin), the corner was skipped out on the trail down to it by cutting right across to rejoin the trail exiting the corner section.

I am wild bad at explaining trails!

All it needs is some cleverly placed unrideable obstacles by the trail fairies to stop it becoming a motorway.

Heck, if its still like that next time I get down I will look around for something to block the "detours" with myself.

Don
09-25-2008, 11:29 AM
I know where you mean, it can get a bit sketchy in there. There's a couple of nice slippery rocks that have claimed a fair few victims.

Byrner
09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
why the fcuk would you bother..thats pathetic..

ConorM
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Freak. We have bother on our illegal trails with riders deciding that their idea of MTB is to ride as straight line form top to bottom. But on properly designed and built trails it's just fecking criminal.