PDA

View Full Version : Settled weather...hello?

Don
09-18-2008, 01:29 PM
The weather will continue to settle this weekend, and into the start of next week. Rainfall amounts will be much smaller overall, with some southern counties in particular, remaining largely, if not completely dry. The weekend will bring brighter skies to most parts. It will be largely dry, however some light rain or drizzle will develop later in the weekend, mainly affecting the northwest of the country. Highest temperatures will range 16 to 19 degrees, with warmest and sunniest day being Saturday. However the nights will turn cooler with temperatures dipping to between 5 and 9 degrees. With clear skies, and light variable breezes, some mist or fog patches are also likely to develop towards dawn. Present indications suggest that the settled weather will continue during the early days of next week. There will be a lot of dry bright weather about generally, though daytime temperatures will fall by a degree or so. Afternoon temperatures will reach the mid teens, with just light breezes persisting.

Cathal
09-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Don, you know you have to get out Sunday.

Dethshed
09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
that's rubbish, he just made that up, you fools!

Byrner
09-18-2008, 02:10 PM
no its true..but Don has just jinxed us, the baxstich !!

Don
09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Nah, if I had made it up it would be more like this...

The crap weather of late will give way to clear skies, tweeting birds, and warm, balmy conditions. Expect ground cover to be dry and dusty, with piped, non metallic music echoing through the valleys. Buxom maidens will await you post spin, with fine beverages and tapas, and run their fingers through you hair while you recline under a resplendent blue sky, and regale them with tales of your manly descents and effortless climbs, oh how they will worship you....I'm kind of drifting off here...lallalalllaaaaa...

Dethshed
09-18-2008, 03:02 PM
wow, I feel wonderful after reading that
even the "non-metallic" jibe doesn't faze me.... ahhh laaallaaaaa!!!

Don
09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Fergal, I always meant to say about your avatar, you need to leave the chimney sweeping to the pros, it can all go wrong very quickly.

Marc
09-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Definitely something fishy going on here:

Tomorrow

Dry tomorrow with sunny spells and light winds.

3 Day Outlook

TUESDAY NIGHT, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY : Dry and settled. Some variation in cloud cover possible - but overall, a good deal of fine clear weather, with widespread sunshine on many or all of the days. Highs ranging 14 to 18 C. Cold at night when skies are clear, with ground frost in places and a chance of fog. Temperatures falling to 3 C or below in some sheltered parts. Light or moderate northeasterly or variable winds.