PDA

View Full Version : Less than 24 hours...

Don
09-13-2008, 08:33 PM
The most fantastical, orgasmical event on the Irish MTB scene kicks off tomorrow, I've been in a lather for days so am raring to go. My socks are ironed, my bike is lubed to the max and my loins are fully girded. The team applied the final polish to an amazing course today and have no doubt that tomorrow will enter into legend, bring it on baby, bring it on.

Dethshed
09-13-2008, 08:52 PM
gibber-gibber, I'm all a-quivver!

It's like the countdown scene from 24 where it's coming up to the 24th hour and Jack Bauer is still trying to difuse the timer for globe-igniting inferno that is The Blast.
But he's wasting his time, nothing can stock the carnage-clock!

tick ...

tock ...

tick ...

tock ...

beep-beep-BEEEEEP!!!

wake-up motherf**ckers!!! - TIME TO DIE !!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAGGHHHOOORRRAGHHHHHAAAGGHHHHHHHHHH !!!

Don
09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Where's old man Byrner? He's not still up there is he, mattocking away under a full moon?

Byrner
09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
since 10.00 yesterday i've been working on this behemoth..well thats not counting the weeks leading up to it..
Since Monday though I've been working on the trophies for the Blast..on the sly in work.
I took friday off so i could finish them, but i went to Ballinastoe where I worked deschlomping and digging with Stewart and Rossco,Carol ,Una and Gerry.
Then I hooked up with Al and Gav who built me a nice jump on Heavens gate..
I then went home and worked on the trophies..that was about 5.30
I worked on the trophies for a while..till I remembered nobody had got off their arses to get Damo his traffic cones, so I rang Jack who came with me and we collected 10.
So I got up this morning about 7.00 worked some more on the trophies..
By the way, since this week, i have answered about 500 phonecalls and emails..
anyway away to Ballinastoe again for 10.00
and off up to the top for a spin to see what was needed and back down to meet Damo and Gerry so we could haul Posts and Scaafold net to protect the riders at the start from the wind.
Me Carol, Damo and gerry hauled posts and netting all the way up to the top from the upper fireroad..
It was cruelty ..
But the posts just wouldn't go in with the mattock so I rang Stewart and asked him to bring his post driver..

Anyways..
to cut a long story short..some of are breaking our bollixes to run this race.. Some people unlike your good selves Don and fergal..did fcuk all, in fact one or 2 fiddled a little it with the course then decided they were too cool to do more and practiced their lines..
Some people will get an awful shock tomorrow when they are told to sign on as another club.
Some people did zero digging and haven't bothered volunteering to marshall..
Cheers Richie

Byrner
09-13-2008, 10:22 PM
the course is some craic by the way..and the work me, Clo and Una did last Sunday has dried out the gully..
Al and Gav have saved Heavens gate for us..
I have to say though, your busstop on the Firebreak ,Don is deadly...its bone dry too !

Andy Fitzpatrick
09-13-2008, 11:25 PM
I will be ther whit my son if you need a marshel i will be ther from 11 on

Don
09-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Jaybus Richie, unbelievable amount of work, just brilliant. This is typical of the high standards and effort delivered by this club, its going to be some show. I have a good mind to head up there now to be first for sign on, it feels like Christmas eve!